Prospect Info: Lias Andersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
With regards to Miller, people were also writing him off as late as his third professional season. Hopefully people have learned the lesson about different development curves and all that.
I always think that people will learn lessons from the past, but nah.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
yeah no. its beyond a swede to swede comparison. its a player to player comparison.

whats lazy is you writing that my saying that is lazy. more minimal thinking and effort posting jon.

he's got a game similar to zetterberg in many ways. i didnt say he was zetterberg.

you can do better than this jon.

They are nothing alike other than both being Swedish.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
In comparison, Kreider was 6'2 200lbs when drafted. Kreider was an animal when drafted at the combine. Andersson is 5'11 200lbs.

Obviously body fat % and muscle mass have a lot to do with it, but that is just an example of how stout Andersson is already

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
In comparison, Kreider was 6'2 200lbs when drafted. Kreider was an animal when drafted at the combine. Andersson is 5'11 200lbs.

Obviously body fat % and muscle mass have a lot to do with it, but that is just an example of how stout Andersson is already

He'll play in the 6'0, 205-210 pound range. He's about as pro ready as any kid in this draft.

TheMorningSkate

Jul 3, 2017
FYI Haven't read this entire thread: But does anyone else see Andersson being a Stepan type player but with better wheels? Clearly, no one has seen this guy play against actual NHLers but the common thing said about him is that hes a smart 2 way center.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
FYI Haven't read this entire thread: But does anyone else see Andersson being a Stepan type player but with better wheels? Clearly, no one has seen this guy play against actual NHLers but the common thing said about him is that hes a smart 2 way center.

Stronger, faster, better hands. I keep seeing young Steve Rucchin when I watch the highlights.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Just so that we have some actual content this far deep into this thread lmao

Also I love how these Swedes say his name.

Leeos Andureshonnee

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So say he does make the jump for a full year, I'd expect him to put up numbers like Couturier and Horvat (good comparison RB) in his rookie year

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
bingo, mentally frail at 18 is going to be mentally frail at 25 or 30 too

That's not a universal truth.

I was basically 2 different persons at 18 and 25. Now at 36 I can even say I'm completely removed from the young "Dancer" I used to be at 18, and I'm not talking physically.

People have different maturity developments, what applies to one does not apply to another.
Naturally it can go all over the place and people can also develop terrible character traits and worsen with age, but saying that if you are a mental midget at 18 means you will be one at 25 is just not true for everyone.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
That's not a universal truth.

I was basically 2 different persons at 18 and 25. Now at 36 I can even say I'm completely removed from the young "Dancer" I used to be at 18, and I'm not talking physically.

People have different maturity developments, what applies to one does not apply to another.
Naturally it can go all over the place and people can also develop terrible character traits and worsen with age, but saying that if you are a mental midget at 18 means you will be one at 25 is just not true for everyone.

yup, a lot can change. I'm not even kidding when I say I'm a completely different person than I was two years ago. 180 turnaround. Not going to say how because I doubt anyone cares but I agree with this post

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Just my luck. Andersson isn't playing. He traveled with the team to Austria but not in the line up. Joel Lundqvist is though

SnowFort

Mar 5, 2017
I saw on Swedish social media that he got hit in the neck during practice and had to leave. It's nothing serious though, as he practiced the day after. So I guess it's just precautionary.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I walk faster than Steve Rucchin skates. This kid better be a lot better than a young Steve Rucchin

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway

Just so that we have some actual content this far deep into this thread lmao

Also I love how these Swedes say his name.

Leeos Andureshonnee

Lias looks NHL ready, but the overall speed is slower and much harder to go around a defender in NHL in comparison. He has a good finishing and a good overview as well which is very promising for our future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad