Prospect Info: Lias Andersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
must mean they liked what they saw. is he confirmed to be in the main camp, or do we not know yet?

should he get a good look this year or send him to Frolunda by default for more seasoning

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Excellent...maybe we can catch a break and have a first year player be a part of the rotation.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
must mean they liked what they saw. is he confirmed to be in the main camp, or do we not know yet?

should he get a good look this year or send him to Frolunda by default for more seasoning

Toronto is sending Liljegren to the AHL to have him mature and develop there, and have more control over him. I could see the Rangers do that as well.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
If he does well in camp give him the 9 games to see what he can do. You never know...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This won't stop some people from flipping out but this is pretty much standard operating procedure.

You are absolutely correct. However, if the team doesn't take any additional steps to address the center depth between now and camp (a big if) then I would think they'll give the kid a serious shot to win a spot. However I said this before he was signed, so as you said, nothing really changed here.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Signing your first round pick quickly is pretty standard these days.

Barring an absolute major miss, most teams are going to at least give them three years in their system.

Personally, I think Andersson might surprise people with how well he does in camp. The kid really isn't far off from being able to play in the NHL, mainly because his game doesn't only revolve around being a high scoring forward.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Signing your first round pick quickly is pretty standard these days.

Barring an absolute major miss, most teams are going to at least give them three years in their system.

Personally, I think Andersson might surprise people with how well he does in camp. The kid really isn't far off from being able to play in the NHL, mainly because his game doesn't only revolve around being a high scoring forward.

He's also Jesper Fast's size. He has NHL size and strength from what they say.

Jackpot

Registered Abuser
Jul 2, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Really liked the video, sounds like a leader on the ice. Very good English as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up sticking around after camp..

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don't think that applies as he's not in the CHL.

ELC slides if he players fewer than 10 games and is on the team for fewer than 50 games, it doesn't count as an accrued season. Because he has not played in the CHL, he can be sent to the AHL, or sent back to Sweden

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
He's also Jesper Fast's size. He has NHL size and strength from what they say.

I think he end's up a little bigger than Fast, maybe closer to Lindberg in height and frame.

He's never going to be a monster, but I think this kid has a chance to have a very nice 10-15 year career.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
rapid fire - name the people left to right

DEn7RcTXsAEwQk3.jpg

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
AV. Drury. Gorton. Andersson. Kallur. Clark. Sather. Kallur was a strong supporter of Andersson and Chytil. He pushed hard for both players. Kallur is retiring from scouting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad