Player Discussion Lias Andersson: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The breakways was in the preseason like 70 games ago. It's basically the 1 true moment of...flash...we can point to.
Brett howden scored a between the legs goal...and just overall had a terrific start to the season before falling off a cliff.

I thought lias' looked like he never made it up the cliff to fall off of it.

Reactions: dangsLITE

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Many fans have expectations that are way too high for a pick outside the top-3

And for others it's not about expectations but risk versus reward. Put another way, it's about drafting a forward with franchise potential. To invoke the old HF system, I would have preferred the Rangers take a 9C over a 7A with their first pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Off Sides

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Lias isnt physically strong enough to play hi game at this level. Once he gets stronger he will be fine.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
9 min TOI with 2 forwards ejected while having positive shot metrics, that’s just silly by Quinn.
I feel like saying positive shot metrics is just a way of saying you can't really find much to talk about here... I mean he himself didn't have a shot on goal. Did he attempt any? I honestly don't remember. In a game where both teams did crap all offensively he still stood out to me as being. .not as good as everyone else.

I'm not surprised his toi was down...I'm sorry but the guy isn't doing anything... ANYTHING to deserve more toi.

I mean show me something....throw a big hit. Run the goalie trying to put a rebound home.. .win a battle know the boards and take a puck away, get to the open areas and take a high danger shot.

IMHO saying he had a positive shot differential while him basically contributing zero to that differential doesn't really say much.

Reactions: RGY

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I feel like saying positive shot metrics is just a way of saying you can't really find much to talk about here... I mean he himself didn't have a shot on goal. Did he attempt any? I honestly don't remember. In a game where both teams did crap all offensively he still stood out to me as being. .not as good as everyone else.

I'm not surprised his toi was down...I'm sorry but the guy isn't doing anything... ANYTHING to deserve more toi.

I mean show me something....throw a big hit. Run the goalie trying to put a rebound home.. .win a battle know the boards and take a puck away, get to the open areas and take a high danger shot.

IMHO saying he had a positive shot differential while him basically contributing zero to that differential doesn't really say much.

Everyday, I become more convinced that Andersson’s value to this franchise is as a trade chip for an asset that better fits the puzzle.

Reactions: RGY and Inferno

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I do wonder something...ppl talk about him not getting great linematrs to play with...but haven't all his linematrs vastly outproduced him? Should we maybe be thinking that a guy like boo isn't getting the linematrs to ply with because he's playing with lias'? I'm sure I'll get a ton of vitriol for saying that but it's worth a deeper dive look.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
If we’re going to go through this dramatic song and dance every time a kid needs some time to marinate, it’s going to be a long and painful rebuild.

This is going to happen more often than not - a player coming in and needing time to
get to the level people for some reason expected them to just suddenly jump in at.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
If we’re going to go through this dramatic song and dance every time a kid needs some time to marinate, it’s going to be a long and painful rebuild.

This is going to happen more often than not - a player coming in and needing time to
get to the level people for some reason expected them to just suddenly jump in at.
But we all get that players need time. Chytil is still a disaster trying to beat 3 skaters every time. Buchnevich disappears for long stretches, howden was legit one of the worst nhlers in the league....

But the difference here, to me, is I just don't see any aspects of his game that impress me. That's my issue. The speed isn't a concern by itself. What is a concern is there's nothing else there...it's like...boo Nieves...there's nothing to his game at all but he does have size and speed...right now I personally don't see much from lias' tthat gives me hope that he'll be anything more than a 3rd liner at best

It's just hard to project him.

At least right now.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
He has yet to earn the trust of this coach, and that’s troubling to me.
Yeah because you'd think his game would play perfectly into what Quinn preaches...at least baeed on his scouting reports. But I'll be honest. .. if I was the coach, he would be back in Hartford

Reactions: Ori

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

100% agree.

He needs to do SOMETHING. Anything. Its not even about scoring points right now. Over and over again the play seems to die on his stick in the offensive zone. He looks a bit overmatched. If we had a better/deeper team he wouldnt be here right now. He does look physically weak compared to what is needed in the NHL. He looks a step behind. He looks late to the play constantly. He just isnt ready.

He should be in Hartford, but they are probably worried about destroying his confidence if they send him down again. He needs to train like he has never trained before this offseason. He is still young. He can get stronger and faster. He has talent. But if you arent fast enough to get to pucks first or strong enough to hold onto the puck then talent doesnt matter.

Reactions: Inferno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad