LHD Olen Zellweger - San Diego Gulls, AHL (2021, 34th, ANA)

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

1st ahl goal

3 games played
1 goal
3 assist
13 shots
+/- 0

Good, go dominate down there and work on things. Unless someone switches to the right side I don’t see him playing above Fowler, Minty or Lacombe. Pretty sure all of Fowler, Lacombe and Z have a history of playing the right though so hopefully he forces the big club to probe that again.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Good, go dominate down there and work on things. Unless someone switches to the right side I don’t see him playing above Fowler, Minty or Lacombe. Pretty sure all of Fowler, Lacombe and Z have a history of playing the right though so hopefully he forces the big club to probe that again.
I expect LaCombe to play the right side when Zellweger makes the push.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Ya he def needs a time in ahl…. But I think ultimately he’ll pass up fowler

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
I went ahead and got the AHL package for the Gulls last night… he’s a super exciting player, but he’s got to clean up the defense. At times he looked like he was playing 4th forward.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Maybe in a year a two Fowler will be ok waiving to allow a trade to his hometown Detroit RedWings, Detroit seems to be improving steadily.
What in the world makes you think Fowler will be passed by 3 prospects in the next year or 2, and why would the Ducks waive him?

He has been bad for 3 games.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What in the world makes you think Fowler will be passed by 3 prospects in the next year or 2, and why would the Ducks waive him?

2 are going to pass him this year…. Only a matter of time.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Fowler has a NTC, he has to waive it unless its a team on his list that he approves of.
That is what the waiving was about.
In 2 years Mintyukov, LaCombe and Zellweger may push him to bottom pairing duties where he would be playing on his offside. Luneau will become a regular eventually too.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Fowler has a NTC, he has to waive it unless its a team on his list that he approves of.
That is what the waiving was about.
In 2 years Mintyukov, LaCombe and Zellweger may push him to bottom pairing duties where he would be playing on his offside. Luneau will become a regular eventually too.
I don’t expect Fowler’s game to drop off much over the next two years, so even if he’s passed up by the young players, he would be a pretty good dman to have on the bottom pairing. It’ll also be the last season of his contract so probably won’t be an issue financially. This would be a good problem to have.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
2 are going to pass him this year…. Only a matter of time.
Its been 3 games man. I'm just as hyped on those 2 as you are, and I have been as disappointed with Fowler in the same 3 games as you have.

But in order for that to happen Cam has to continue the season he is having and have by far the worst of his career, and LaCombe and Minty both have to have AMAZING rookie years without hitting a wall.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Its been 3 games man. I'm just as hyped on those 2 as you are, and I have been as disappointed with Fowler in the same 3 games as you have.

But in order for that to happen Cam has to continue the season he is having and have by far the worst of his career, and LaCombe and Minty both have to have AMAZING rookie years without hitting a wall.

I've stated elsewhere, but if Fowler is forced to the third pairing in 2 years that's an incredible spot for the team to be in because that means 2 of MInty, Lacome and Zell pushed him out. The Ducks won't compete this year, perhaps next so that means Fowler's literal job is to eat minutes and be a place holder for the LD talent that is coming up the pipeline.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I've stated elsewhere, but if Fowler is forced to the third pairing in 2 years that's an incredible spot for the team to be in because that means 2 of MInty, Lacome and Zell pushed him out. The Ducks won't compete this year, perhaps next so that means Fowler's literal job is to eat minutes and be a place holder for the LD talent that is coming up the pipeline.
That would mean we have 2 top pairing LHD… let’s not get ahead of ourselves haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad