NFL: Le'Veon Bell continues holdout - will not report in 2018

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Professional athletes can take out big money insurance policies that pay out in the case of injury to prevent against future lost earnings. Seems like at least some of the risk could have been mitigated that way and you come out ahead even if you get hurt vs not taking the 14.5.

Reactions: m9

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Professional athletes can take out big money insurance policies that pay out in the case of injury to prevent against future lost earnings. Seems like at least some of the risk could have been mitigated that way and you come out ahead even if you get hurt vs not taking the 14.5.
Can you take out an insurance policy that could come close to recouping the money he would lose if he had a career ending injury or an injury that took years off his career? I'm curious.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Can you take out an insurance policy that could come close to recouping the money he would lose if he had a career ending injury or an injury that took years off his career? I'm curious.

You can. You can get insurance on anything if you are willing to pay for it. J-Lo got her ass insured for example.

This article is about big time college players taking out insurance from a couple years ago.
Leonard Fournette's $10M policies and the unregulated world of player protection

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
No thanks. I'd rather not we go down the same route of sign big free agent after setting up for a rebuild only to find said FA is a colossal waste of money. Especially with how toxic Bell is.

He can go pound sand.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
No thanks. I'd rather not we go down the same route of sign big free agent after setting up for a rebuild only to find said FA is a colossal waste of money. Especially with how toxic Bell is.

He can go pound sand.

Big free agent signings have not been kind to Miami in recent years.

Mike Wallace signing was a WTF why kind of deal, same goes for Suh (Although at the time, Suh signing was not too bad)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad