Levels you hate in games you love.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
"Wrong Side of the Tracks" in "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas."

It's not hard, just annoying. Especially the whole "all you had to do was follow the damn train CJ" line from Big Smoke if you fail.

It's like "**** you you backstabbing fat ****!!! I followed it!! It's not my fault you can't shoot and kill 3 enemies unless I'm lined up exactly right..." :shakehead
This!....oh how it annoyed me when his aim sucked at close range.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Almost every mission, no matter which side I play (usa,gbr,ger,ussr) in Sudden Strike Forever. Insanely hard even on "easy" difficulty. :/

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
Just picked this up since it was free with gold this month. How is it compared to Skyrim and Dark Souls?

Speaking of - Bed of Chaos in Dark Souls is terrible. Character design? A+. Mechanically? F.

It is more Baldurs Gate/ Pillars of Eternity than Skyrim and Dark Souls.

Lots of micro managing your companions at higher difficulties.

But it is a great game .

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Any RPG with really slow openings. I understand wanting to hand walk the players early on when they're first getting started. But it kills replay value.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Any RPG with really slow openings. I understand wanting to hand walk the players early on when they're first getting started. But it kills replay value.

This reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Great effing game. One of the best ever (and only FF game I actually like). However you better dedicate at least 45 minutes to get through the opening before you can save.

I also remember that one MGS game on the PS3... like 45 minutes of installing and watching Snake smoke the longest cigarette ever. Then like another 1.5 hours of cutscenes with a sprinkle of about 10 minutes of gameplay. Horrible.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I was specifically thinking of Witcher 3 when I made the post. Everyone talks about how great it is, and yadda yadda yadda. All I can remember is the beginning and how it's cutscene after cutscene, followed by terribly easy fetch quests, followed by more cutscenes.

I don't think I ever got into the real meat of the game (in fact, I'm sure I didn't), because every time I gave the game a chance, I'd be completely turned off from it shortly after the first village. Mostly because I'd have been "playing" for hours and watching cutscenes for most of it.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
Prob on my own with this one, but Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360, the Airstrip ninja trials stage. Anything beyond Warrior difficulty was and still is dang near impossible. NG is without question notorious for the series' difficultly, but that games AI felt like it forced you to live on a one-hit breath of life remaining at nearly all times. If you were shredding the enemies too hard it would simply throw more numbers and start up the cheese. So you would work your butt off for 20 mins, living on the edge, to simply have a locked on wolf carcass thrown at you or a miss timed incendiary shuriken dodge to end all that hard work.

Only controller throw and break I've had in my gaming career.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I'm trying to get every gold medal in Rogue Squadron 64 and the god damn snowspeeder level where you have to keep all 3 AT-PT walkers alive seems like it cannot be done

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Not necessarily "hate", but: Ravenholm is horribly overrated. The level is only popular because of novelty (and Father Grigori, who is awesome), it's not well designed at all.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Even though it's not a level per se, the third triathlon in GTA 5. It's called "The Coyote Cross Country Triathlon" and takes about 30 real life minutes to complete.

I finally got 1st place in it yesterday. Seriously....**** that thing.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
any game that has a water level//dungeon//world*

* - except mario 3. The water world in that was amazing.

Megaman's water levels are pretty uniformly great too. Love the physics while underwater.

Which brings me to Heat Man's stage and Quick Man's stage if you're trying to beat them without using your special weapons or Rush. They haven't done a disappearing block section nearly as diabolical as the one in Heat Man's stage in the following 8 games.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Megaman's water levels are pretty uniformly great too. Love the physics while underwater.

Which brings me to Heat Man's stage and Quick Man's stage if you're trying to beat them without using your special weapons or Rush. They haven't done a disappearing block section nearly as diabolical as the one in Heat Man's stage in the following 8 games.

Wanna know something hilarious about Heat Man? Not sure if it was intentional, or just a glitch, but if you shoot him with Crash Man's weapon, it fills his health to 100%

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
the ambulance stuff in gta vc was way worse than anything in gta sa. Having to pick up patients that were on the beach was awful. At least in gta sa you could do the ambulance stuff in the small town by mt chilad so it was super easy. Time consuming but easy. I never finished it on gta vc or gta 3

I always did the ambulance in VC before I opened up the map to the west island. Beach parts I found easy enough; just remember the gaps between the buildings in front of it and it's smooth sailing. Certainly no more of a pain in the ass as the buff missions in SA.

Every once in a while I'll still fire up VC or SA. Same thing both games: as soon as you're done the intro, do the pizza delivery, ambulance and fire engine missions in VC and do the LS bike courier, fire engine, ambulance and burglary missions in SA. Do them before you even save your game. Makes everything easier down the line. Maybe even do the pimping mission in SA if you're not bored enough grinding cash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad