Levels you hate in games you love.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
There was one mission in Valkyria Chronicles, in the desert, with a big tank. I still have nightmares about it.

Thankfully I had no issues with that, I realized the valkyria girl can't do any damage to your tank so all you have to do is hide behind it.

But yeah I can see how that would be a nightmare for people

My own personal nightmare level is literally a nightmare, Laurence the first vicar in bloodborne. It takes almost a full minute to run back to him after dying and he can kill you in one hit even with the second best fire resistant armor in the game. Thankfully I came across the bone ash armor and finally beat him.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Just remembered The Library from Halo. Dear god, a whole game of excellent level design and then there's this turd stuck in its latter middle act.

By far the worst level in the series. Only one that can probably touch it is Cortana from Halo 3 or as i like to call it, the infected cheese maze.

I disagree with the premise that halo had excellent level design;

-Assault on the Control Room and Two Betrayals are literally the same level, just one is flipped backwards

- Truth and Reconciliation and Keyes may as well be the same thing for like 75% of both of them (though the former is probably one of my favorite levels in the series)

- Halo (the first level on the ring) is a whole lot of nothing with the odd military base scattered about.

- Obviously, the Library

The only good levels that hold up now are Truth And Reconciliation, 343 guilty spark and the Silent Cartographer and the final mission. The rest range from boring to junk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad