Pre-Game Talk: Lets talk positively about game 3 Dallas v Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Its funny how the Oilers best performing player in preseason is assumed to need another full season of development.

When a player is ready for the show it isn't "development" sending him down either. Its arguably limiting the player from playing against the best competition that would continue to challenge him.

I'm fairly certain that the reason Drai got sent down was because management wants him to be a center long term. They probably feel it's more beneficial for him to play top line minutes as a center in Bakersfield than play 2nd/3rd line minutes on the wing up here.

Bastulon

Jul 11, 2014
Canada
he won't get called up until 2016. book it
he wasn't sent down so he can play a couple of games, that's not development.

Funny the Islanders sent down Ryan Pulock to play a few games this weekend and plan on recalling him next week.

Ah the old win-win situation. I think I'll go bet on Dallas too, that'll guarantee Oiler victory:laugh:

Might win money on Dallas. Never trust Toronto ever again tho :-(

Feb 9, 2013
People want a positive, McDavid feeding the puck to Yakupov... that is a positive. Yakupov out front of the net, or on the RW side, and McDavid with a cross ice or from-behind-the-net pass. Or, McDavid with a wrap around goal as defenders are covering Yak.

Who needs Hall and his "Yakupov-has-my-spotl-itis." ;)

For all you Hall fanatics, I am only kidding... I can be a little facetious at times. I like Hall, I really do.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
I really want to see them switch Purcell off the first line for Slepyshev I think he would be good with Nuge and hall

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Didn't Dallas had a case of Ebola and Hall is sick? :shakehead

Just seen that so they are putting korpi on why not try slepy he's big and tough and gets along the boards and then mcdavid will have 2 shoots yak and slepy I just want to see it. Who is filling in for Hall any idea I know they will put poo up on the first line will they play both klinkhammer and gazdic

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
I'd like to see our defense shut out dallas or keep it low scoring and actually win the game by a couple goals - that would be a great sign of positivity for our team.

gradin123

May 12, 2010
Anders Nilsson getting the start in net.

Kind of a tough spot for his first start of the year. I would have pegged him to start one of the back to back games on the weekend but instead they are throwing him out to the wolves against the best offensive team in the league.

Curious move in my books. Guess we'll see how he does. He could perform really well and still give up 4 Goals tonight.

Guess Talbot wants to protect his GAA.

Last edited:

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'd like to see our defense shut out dallas or keep it low scoring and actually win the game by a couple goals - that would be a great sign of positivity for our team.

The part of me that wants to see this team mature and work towards long term success wants this, but...

I wanna see a high scoring mess of a hockey game.
6 to 5 in 3 v 3 overtime
McDavid does it. Not all of it, but a lot of it.

The rest of me is burning to see some of this. BOO LOW SCORING NHL OF TODAY! Let's see some free wheeling plays!

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Its funny how the Oilers best performing player in preseason is assumed to need another full season of development.

When a player is ready for the show it isn't "development" sending him down either. Its arguably limiting the player from playing against the best competition that would continue to challenge him.

The thing with Draisaitl is, IMO, I don't know if he's really ready this season. He's definitely got talent but it's tough for him to show it consistently when NOT against scrubs. Against WHL and preseason scrubs the first handful of preseason games, he showed the team what he can do. When facing real NHL level talent [and McDavid even said the pacing the last two games ramped up], Draisaitl slows down considerably ala first 39 games last year. Whether its cardio or his mind not moving up to speed, I dunno.

The AHL seasoning will do him good. At the very least, barring long term injuries, I think 20ish games in the AHL will help him more than constantly getting ground down by the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00