Lets talk about the bonuses

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Both McDavid and Leon D have hit major bonuses
does anyone know how much their combined bonuses they have made?

I believe Mcdavid will be the 3.75M. He should have hit all his. Drasaitl wont have all the Schedule B bonuses.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think the cap is exceeded in bonus overages by about 2m. I wonder if Cap Friendly will have some sort of update on them. Either way we will have to move out money this summer.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
If McDavid and Draisaitl both hit their max bonuses it is a additional $5,325,000 Current cap space is $4,465,824 so the max carry over I can see is $859,176 and that is only if they both maxed I don't see any other Oiler hitting bonuses (Caggiula/Benning/ Slepy)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If McDavid and Draisaitl both hit their max bonuses it is a additional $5,325,000 Current cap space is $4,465,824 so the max carry over I can see is $859,176 and that is only if they both maxed I don't see any other Oiler hitting bonuses (Caggiula/Benning/ Slepy)

You may be and probably are correct, I thought I read/heard it was close to 2M at the trading deadline if 97/29 maxed out and they were trying to move some money then.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
If McDavid and Draisaitl both hit their max bonuses it is a additional $5,325,000 Current cap space is $4,465,824 so the max carry over I can see is $859,176 and that is only if they both maxed I don't see any other Oiler hitting bonuses (Caggiula/Benning/Slepy)

Does anyone know what Slepy's bonuses are? I had heard something about part of the reason he was getting sat recently was so he wouldn't hit a bonus, but I can't seem to find what bonus that would be avoiding.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
After looking at it again Draisaitl may be eligible for the top 10 in scoring points Schedule B bonus. I dont believe he was nominated for any awards so he wont get any of those. Will really depend on his contract but Id be surprised if he makes more then 2.5-2.8M this season.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Does anyone know what Slepy's bonuses are? I had heard something about part of the reason he was getting sat recently was so he wouldn't hit a bonus, but I can't seem to find what bonus that would be avoiding.
All I know is he had $600,000 in potential bonuses I would expect Games played and goals and Pts were part of it also it looks like they were worried about bonuses this year because both Benning and Caggiula have no potential for this season but both do for next.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
All I know is he had $600,000 in potential bonuses I would expect Games played and goals and Pts were part of it also it looks like they were worried about bonuses this year because both Benning and Caggiula have no potential for this season but both do for next.

You can't give a bonus for games played, but some bonuses require that the player must have 42 games played. Coincidentally tonight was antons 41st game played. The only bonus he would have been close to achieving was the +/- bonus. He would have had to overtake draisitl in +/- to get it.

So it looks like Slepyshev didn't make any bonuses this year.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Here's some icing on the cake for Drai. Not only did he qualify for his 1.6 mill bonus for finishing top 10, but he also took away 2 mill from Jack Eichel by getting a couple points against the Canucks last night and edging out Eichel for a top 10 PPG bonus.:laugh::laugh:

Mark Spector Retweeted
CapFriendly‏ @CapFriendly 4h4 hours ago

Leon Draisaitl's 2 pts last night knocked #Sabres Jack Eichel out of the top 10 in league Pts/Gm. Eichel misses out on a $2M bonus by 0.01

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I believe Mcdavid will be the 3.75M. He should have hit all his. Drasaitl wont have all the Schedule B bonuses.

Typically for a guy picked as high as Leon the Schedule B bonus will be made for hitting any of the criteria. My guess is that he will get his full bonus of $2.475M with $1.6M being the schedule B bonus for finishing top 10 in scoring.

Captain Hindsight

May 21, 2015
Maple Ridge
Here's some icing on the cake for Drai. Not only did he qualify for his 1.6 mill bonus for finishing top 10, but he also took away 2 mill from Jack Eichel by getting a couple points against the Canucks last night and edging out Eichel for a top 10 PPG bonus.:laugh::laugh:

Mark Spector Retweeted
CapFriendly‏ @CapFriendly 4h4 hours ago

Leon Draisaitl's 2 pts last night knocked #Sabres Jack Eichel out of the top 10 in league Pts/Gm. Eichel misses out on a $2M bonus by 0.01

Hahaha :handclap:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Man, 1 point cost Eichel 2 friggin Million. Probably a tap in pass some scrub teammate couldnt bury. I know hell make a ton of money in the future but 2 million is a ton, even for a soon to be top NHL player.

Its the opposite of Schultz hitting 1.25 million in bonuses the last game of the season

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Lauri Korpikoski's buyout might take up more space next year than the bonus overages. Plus we could have another 2.7 or so wasted on Mark Fayne in the AHL. These are bigger concerns than the ELC stuff, and good for Leon, he certainly earned some extra cash with his play this year.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
You can't give a bonus for games played, but some bonuses require that the player must have 42 games played. Coincidentally tonight was antons 41st game played. The only bonus he would have been close to achieving was the +/- bonus. He would have had to overtake draisitl in +/- to get it.

So it looks like Slepyshev didn't make any bonuses this year.

There is a bonus for games played but it falls under the 925k similar to a signing bonus.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Typically for a guy picked as high as Leon the Schedule B bonus will be made for hitting any of the criteria. My guess is that he will get his full bonus of $2.475M with $1.6M being the schedule B bonus for finishing top 10 in scoring.

Really depends on his contract. But he should get his full Schedule A bonuses and the base 925k. That brings us to 1.775, just depends what his contract says for ending up top 10 in scoring.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Lauri Korpikoski's buyout might take up more space next year than the bonus overages. Plus we could have another 2.7 or so wasted on Mark Fayne in the AHL. These are bigger concerns than the ELC stuff, and good for Leon, he certainly earned some extra cash with his play this year.

Pretty much. Gregor was talking that we were probably looking at 1mil or 1.5mil, so it's really shouldn't be a concern.

Pouilot's 4mil can go with the other issues that you mentioned.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Really depends on his contract. But he should get his full Schedule A bonuses and the base 925k. That brings us to 1.775, just depends what his contract says for ending up top 10 in scoring.

Leon Draisaitl bonus update. If his finishes 10th among NHL forwards in either goals, assists, points or points-per-game (based on 42GP) he’ll get a $1.625 million bonus. He is currently tied for ninth in points with Tyler Seguin and three points ahead of Jamie Benn. He is in a four-way tie for 10th in assists with Phil Kessel, Joe Thornton and Brad Marchand. He is six goals behind 10th and he is 13th in points-per-game. It is an important race to follow because if he reaches his bonus the Oilers will be over the cap and have a salary cap penalty around $1 million next year.

https://oilersnation.com/2017/03/27/monday-musings-pacific-playoff-races/

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Leon Draisaitl bonus update. If his finishes 10th among NHL forwards in either goals, assists, points or points-per-game (based on 42GP) he’ll get a $1.625 million bonus. He is currently tied for ninth in points with Tyler Seguin and three points ahead of Jamie Benn. He is in a four-way tie for 10th in assists with Phil Kessel, Joe Thornton and Brad Marchand. He is six goals behind 10th and he is 13th in points-per-game. It is an important race to follow because if he reaches his bonus the Oilers will be over the cap and have a salary cap penalty around $1 million next year.

https://oilersnation.com/2017/03/27/monday-musings-pacific-playoff-races/

Is that 1.625 just for the schedule B bonus, or is it his schedule A and B bonuses combined? If its just schedule B he'll be at 3.4M for a cap hit, if its both he's at 2.550M for cap it.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Is that 1.625 just for the schedule B bonus, or is it his schedule A and B bonuses combined? If its just schedule B he'll be at 3.4M for a cap hit, if its both he's at 2.550M for cap it.

It will be his Schedule B bonuses. As I said typically it has been the full schedule B bonus for any player drafted that high if they hit any of the triggers. Schultz was the same by the was, as of course was Hall.

We don't know this 100% for sure but I would say 97%+. :)

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
It will be his Schedule B bonuses. As I said typically it has been the full schedule B bonus for any player drafted that high if they hit any of the triggers. Schultz was the same by the was, as of course was Hall.

We don't know this 100% for sure but I would say 97%+. :)

If you're a bit more sure than 97%, you could say you are 11.5%, can't lose with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad