OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Curb finally wrapped this past weekend and its finale couldn’t have been better.

Apparently, David will keep working.

However there ought to be some other show picking up where Curb left off.

Last edited:

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
wertet.jpg

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Came across a story about the US civil war this week. The Union army kept prisoners in northern stockades, including one in Plattsburgh, NY. Some Confederate soldiers were able to escape and made it to Montreal. There was a plan hatched with other escapees to raid US towns along the border which could force the Union to divert troops northward. In October 1864 a raid was carried out on St. Albans, Vt. There is a pretty good film on the story. Many familiar faces in the film including a very young Anne Bancroft (aka Mrs Robinson in the Graduate) and Lee Marvin. The film is called The Raid from 1954 if it interests anyone (on Youtube).

Last edited:

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Saw Monkey Man today.
It is a John Wick and Mumbai Saga type movie.
Good movie for a 10 million dollar budget.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Ok I’ll talk about movies. 3 best hockey movies ever. 3. Youngblood 2. Slapshot 1. The great Canadian hockey epic Power Play from SCTV ! Who could forget Billy Stemhovolichski! Let alone William Schatner as coach Kirk!

Reactions: Chili

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Ok I’ll talk about movies. 3 best hockey movies ever. 3. Youngblood 2. Slapshot 1. The great Canadian hockey epic Power Play from SCTV ! Who could forget Billy Stemhovolichski! Let alone William Schatner as coach Kirk!
I'd like to see that SCTV skit.

My favorite hockey movie was called Net Worth. It was a CBC film about the players trying to start a union back in the 1950's, led by Ted Lindsay (and he paid the price for it being shipped to Chicago). Well done, interesting story.

For a curio... John Wayne made a hockey movie called Idol of the Crowds It was a B movie from the 1930's'. It's no classic for sure but it was funny to see the Duke trying to stay upright on skates. And what hockey looked like back then, especially the different way the centres lined up for faceoffs.

Reactions: Runner77

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
I'd like to see that SCTV skit.

My favorite hockey movie was called Net Worth. It was a CBC film about the players trying to start a union back in the 1950's, led by Ted Lindsay (and he paid the price for it being shipped to Chicago). Well done, interesting story.

For a curio... John Wayne made a hockey movie called Idol of the Crowds It was a B movie from the 1930's'. It's no classic for sure but it was funny to see the Duke trying to stay upright on skates. And what hockey looked like back then, especially the different way the centres lined up for faceoffs.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Saw this movie and it's alright, worth watching. Filmed at the Turtle beach resort on the Northshore of Oahu, a great vacation destination, love it! A real nice Arnold Palmer golf course and it houses one of Roy Yamaguchi's restaurants.
An actor that was on Barney Miller had a cameo, some people just can do a scene. This is the clip.:laugh:

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Came across a story about the US civil war this week. The Union army kept prisoners in northern stockades, including one in Plattsburgh, NY. Some Confederate soldiers were able to escape and made it to Montreal. There was a plan hatched with other escapees to raid US towns along the border which could force the Union to divert troops northward. In October 1864 a raid was carried out on St. Albans, Vt. There is a pretty good film on the story. Many familiar faces in the film including a very young Anne Bancroft (aka Mrs Robinson in the Graduate) and Lee Marvin. The film is called The Raid from 1954 if it interests anyone (on Youtube).
There is a tiny museum in Plattsburgh that's worth a visit if in the area, It was interesting to us as we are into history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad