Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Is it good on its own merits or is it merely "Breaking Bad: Appalachia"?

It's good on it's own merits. Everybody interprets shows in their own way but as with all shows and movies I suggest putting the cell phone down ( or even turn it off, damn that feels good) and put the laptop away and just watch the show, you will know within 30 minutes if it's for you or not.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Constantly searching for good movies that I've missed. Anyone any suggestions? Preferably from within the last year two.. Go further back and I've probably seen it.. Bonus if it's on Netflix!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Constantly searching for good movies that I've missed. Anyone any suggestions? Preferably from within the last year two.. Go further back and I've probably seen it.. Bonus if it's on Netflix!
Don't know if you watched it but I gave Big Little Lies a try after my friend kept telling me how she loved it. Surprisingly good I found.
The Good Fight is pretty entertaining too I find, if you're into lawyer shows.

Counterpart, although I didn't finish it, and El Chapo, are quite good too.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Because infinity war was terrific
I will go to the fancy theatre here where I can buzz a waiter, have free flow snacks, ask for pillow and blankets, have a major barcalounger, and order a fine scotch or bottle of wine with a delicious burger, to make sure I enjoy my movie going experience because I'm pretty sure the movie will leave me rather disappointed.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Gifted.
The Glass Castle.
Arrival.
Wind River.
Room.

And I know you said within 2 years, but if you haven't seen Big Fish, watch it like yesterday.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I will go to the fancy theatre here where I can buzz a waiter, have free flow snacks, ask for pillow and blankets, have a major barcalounger, and order a fine scotch or bottle of wine with a delicious burger, to make sure I enjoy my movie going experience because I'm pretty sure the movie will leave me rather disappointed.
If you don’t like super heroes then don’t go
The movie itself was amazing
Acting was solid. It was funny. It’ was sad
It was full of action
It’s exactly what I wanted from a summer blockbuster.
I didn’t go into the movie thinking it’s gonna be an Oscar contender. You go see these types of movies for enjoyment. BTW this Movie is better than half the shit that gets Nominated for oscars
Call me by your name?? Phantom thread? Darkest hour??
3 f***ing boring ass garbage movies

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
It sure was.

And not all superhero movies get good reviews. Only the good ones do. Silly Kriss.
Exactly. Maybe he’s missed all the recent DC movies except for Wonder Woman
Justice league...what a disaster. So sad

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
And marrying his mistress; death...

Just quoting source material.. havent seen the movie yet. Is Death in the plot?
Thanos is a great villain Because he really doesn’t consider himself a villain but more of a savoir of races in the galaxy

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Exactly. Maybe he’s missed all the recent DC movies except for Wonder Woman
Justice league...what a disaster. So sad
Yeah Wonder Woman was great. It might be my favourite superhero film. The rest of the DC movies are garbage.

Marvel has had some stinkers too. Iron Man 2 and 3 were pretty bad. Thor 1 and 2 weren't great either.

Infinity War is fantastic. And this coming from someone holding a grudge for not including Hawkeye and continuing to treat him like crap.

Reactions: sandviper

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Yeah Wonder Woman was great. It might be my favourite superhero film. The rest of the DC movies are garbage.

Marvel has had some stinkers too. Iron Man 2 and 3 were pretty bad. Thor 1 and 2 weren't great either.

Infinity War is fantastic. And this coming from someone holding a grudge for not including Hawkeye and continuing to treat him like crap.
He will be In infinity war 2. He has to be
I wasn’t happy either considering he was on the original avengers from the first movies
I get that he doesn’t have super powers but then again what does Black Widow other than look hot in black leather

Reactions: sandviper and Natey

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He will be In infinity war 2. He has to be
I wasn’t happy either considering he was on the original avengers from the first movies
I get that he doesn’t have super powers but then again what does Black Widow other than look hot in black leather
Yeah I'm sure he'll be in the next one. And it damn well better be a good part. I think the only MCU character with less screen time than Clint is Quicksilver (who had more than Hawkeye in his only movie)

Reactions: sandviper and Zorba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad