OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Everybody is saying the new Mad Max movie is awesome. I don't know why but I have zero desire to see it. I even found the trailer pretty great and even with that, I couldn't get myself to go see it. Maybe it's cause the whole "2 hours of vehicules crashing" seems to simplistic to me? I don't know.

Yet I want to go see Jurassic World even though everybody say it sucks and the trailer sucks. I'm a lost cause probably.

RAWisJericho

Jul 15, 2007
Montréal
Everybody is saying the new Mad Max movie is awesome. I don't know why but I have zero desire to see it. I even found the trailer pretty great and even with that, I couldn't get myself to go see it. Maybe it's cause the whole "2 hours of vehicules crashing" seems to simplistic to me? I don't know.

Yet I want to go see Jurassic World even though everybody say it sucks and the trailer sucks. I'm a lost cause probably.
Jurassic World is awesome, I saw it Thursday. My gf who's a huge Jurassic Park fan loved it too. 7.7/10 on IMDB, forget the critics.

RAWisJericho

Jul 15, 2007
Montréal
That's good. But my dilema is, why don't I want to see Mad Max? What is wrong with me! :D
Here's the only argument you need:
hqdefault.jpg

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Mad Max is an audiovisual experience: do not download.

Go see it on a Tuesday night.

A lot of people are saying that Mad Max is a spiritual revelation, do not worry abput that. For me personally it was merely good.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Umm Liberace on a car? Yea still not sold. :shakehead

Best action movie of all time. Will be remembered as one of the great movies for its genre forever. Please don't go, if you don't at least like the original movie then you should just stick with the avengers, jurassic park and buy yourself a couple justin bieber cds on the way home.

RAWisJericho

Jul 15, 2007
Montréal
Best action movie of all time. Will be remembered as one of the great movies for its genre forever. Please don't go, if you don't at least like the original movie then you should just stick with the avengers, jurassic park and buy yourself a couple justin bieber cds on the way home.
Did you really need to be this salty?

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

:laugh: oh you...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

heh

thats why i watch everything FIRST

and decide if it was good or bad AFTER...

how in the world can you decide if a movie is good or bad BEFORE seeing it, i cant stand people like that, watch it! whos stopping you from watching anything!

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
heh

thats why i watch everything FIRST

and decide if it was good or bad AFTER...

how in the world can you decide if a movie is good or bad BEFORE seeing it, i cant stand people like that, watch it! whos stopping you from watching anything!

Yeah I don't understand where the fun is in all that.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
GoT finale tonight. I'm going to predict that Arya kills Meryn Trant and Stannis kills Davos. Becuase you can't have one character you dislike die without one you like dying. It's the GoT way.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Well they are certainly trying to one up the previous season. Lots of people dying. Hopefully less of daenarys in the next season, damn she is a bore.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
My hobby:

Watching a movie from the 90s and trying to assess how the plot would hold nowadays.

A good one I have so far is Die Hard with a Vengeance.

Give McLane an iphone and BAM! problem solved.

-He can calculate 7x7x7x7 in no time
-He can look up all the stupid riddles online
-He can look up who the hell was the 21st president, call the school and tell them to GTFO of there
-The cops can communicate without their radios

Simon would have to up his game big time. :laugh:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
My hobby:

Watching a movie from the 90s and trying to assess how the plot would hold nowadays.

-He can look up who the hell was the 21st president, call the school and tell them to GTFO of there

that would be sooooooo boring :(

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
My hobby:

I don't remember which film class it was but a professor recommended that we write plots that are strong enough to work even WITH the presence of phones in the story-universe.

In Die Hard I guess there would be a time-limit or something that he has to hold with both hands (so he can't use the phone) or something like, I dunno, the bad guy demands his phone?

I think the best plots are the ones that work entirely perfectly within the film's interior logic - the film A Separation comes to mind. Or Coppola's underrated The Conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad