Let's Stop Putting Marner on Matthews' Wing

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
With news that Keefe will be back, and knowing what a simpleton he is, I am hoping you will all join me and create future mock line-ups with Matthews-Nylander and Tavares-Marner as dedicated pairs.

In the 1/100 chance that he browses hfboards over the next couple months, it is our combined duty to attempt to get it through his thick head that the above lines are better and Tavares-Nylander do not work together

Thank you. This has been a public service announcement.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
With news that Keefe will be back, and knowing what a simpleton he is, I am hoping you will all join me and create future mock line-ups with Matthews-Nylander and Tavares-Marner as dedicated pairs.

In the 1/100 chance that he browses hfboards over the next couple months, it is our combined duty to attempt to get it through his thick head that the above lines are better and Tavares-Nylander do not work together

Thank you. This has been a public service announcement.
Strap in, gonna be a long summer

1646697745876.gif

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
What a disaster of a season Marner had with his 99 points.

Bertuzzi Matthews Nylander
<TBD> Domi Marner
Knies Tavares Jarnkrok
Holmberg Kampf Lafferty
Reaves

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
It's not even pre season and yet we are discussing line combos - typical Toronto fans

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Nylander doesn’t work with matthews
Nylander doesn’t work with tavares
Time for his own line?

Nylander works great with Matthews, that's the entire premise of this thread.

Anyone with half a brain would realize they can interchange Marner and Nylander through the season/playoffs and know they have two great line combos to swap when one goes cold.

Unfortunately we have Sheldon.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
AM and MM, play the same basketball offence in the playoffs they played all season. Nylander plays hockey, putting fear into dmen with his speed and creating space when they turn to retreat.
The 2 cuties deserve each other. All AM MM do is turn outside and set up at the 3 point line.

Reactions: Hotel Mario

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
2nd and 3rd line are defensive nightmares, depending on how placeholder bounces back.
Admittedly I was only thinking about spreading out the offence. If you want to take into account defence as well as offence, then I think the best line combo would be:
Bert - Matthews - Nylander
Domi - Tavares - Marner
Both Bert and Tavares play in tight so I don't think they should be on the same line together.

Third line has includes Knies and Jarnkrok and who else?

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
They must play together. They are the slowest straight line forwards on the team. They both have the patience to coast while the other dipsey doodles, they can share the ol' drop pass play, they never complain when one or both of them take a 2 1/2 minute shift, they both are great at breaking out of a scrum unscathed, they have practiced the back to the boards celebration move with arms outstretched to receive their peons praise, and their interview language matches perfectly.
A match made in heaven!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad