OT: Let's Remember Some Guys

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I was so hype for Evgeny Grachev.

Oh so was I, he and Christian Thomas are 2 guys I completely whiffed on.

The thing I remember most about Grachev was that one crazy insecure islander fan who would show up on our boards just to let us know how he was nothing special.

Shout out to @Ola for nailing Grachev’s future. He got crapped on by everyone, including myself, for being less than complementary about him.

IIRC he wasn’t too high on Thomas either.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I can't believe Zalapski died. That's awful.

Nice to see Frolov is still playing and has carved out a lengthy career in the KHL. I always felt he tried pretty hard for us in his short time here, but got so much shit for not being a star.

A few other guys:

Christian Dube was always crazy fast in my NHL computer games from the 90's, so I liked him. I looked him up and he had a crazy long career in Switzerland after the Rangers.

Jamie Ram will forever have the lowest GAA in Rangers history.

Jan Hlavac...who I would love to have some explain to me WTF is going on with his playing career, because it seems like he plays 2-4 games each year in the Czech leagues.

Dan Cloutier

Petr Nedved

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I remember despising Darren Turcotte. Every shift he would come to the bench wincing because of some incidental contact.

Todd Harvey:the original Ryan Callahan
Kevin Hatcher had me so excited when we picked him up. Literally one of the
5 worst players ever to put on a Rangers sweater.

Who Was that jerk of 3rd rounder that we traded away to St. Louis and this board lost their minds. Then it turned out he sucked there too? I feel like that's the trajectory for Buchnevic.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Glenn Featherstone. Journeyman D who was in the Rangers during the dark ages of the late 90s. I remember being at my buddy’s watching a game drinking and I said “if Featherstone scores top shelf I’m gonna walk home naked”. Sure enough he smiled one top shelf glove side a few minutes later and my buddy’s held me to it. I put on hi sisters thong and walked two miles home

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I can't believe Zalapski died. That's awful.

Nice to see Frolov is still playing and has carved out a lengthy career in the KHL. I always felt he tried pretty hard for us in his short time here, but got so much **** for not being a star.

A few other guys:

Christian Dube was always crazy fast in my NHL computer games from the 90's, so I liked him. I looked him up and he had a crazy long career in Switzerland after the Rangers.

Jamie Ram will forever have the lowest GAA in Rangers history.

Jan Hlavac...who I would love to have some explain to me WTF is going on with his playing career, because it seems like he plays 2-4 games each year in the Czech leagues.

Dan Cloutier

Petr Nedved
Hlavac was like my favorite guy for two years.

I also sort of remember Johan Witehall, who the first time I remember hearing about him it was in a box score and I spent a whole season thinking we had a guy in the AHL named John Whitehall.

jacko23

Powerplay Merchant
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
Who was the enforcer tweener who elbowed someone in the head in his like first game with the Rangers and then got suspended and waived+claimed or outright traded right after?
Im SO glad you asked that question as that was literally bothering me all day and i didnt have time to google it since i was busy at work.

HF saves the day!

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Hlavac was like my favorite guy for two years.

I also sort of remember Johan Witehall, who the first time I remember hearing about him it was in a box score and I spent a whole season thinking we had a guy in the AHL named John Whitehall.

I don't remember this guy at all haha

I'm gonna keep posting here, remember Derek Morris lmao

We could have a list only in remembrance of guys who were supposed to fix our power play:

Morris
Kotalik
Raphael Diaz

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Matt Cullen being brought here in 2006-2007 to help with the veteran leadership and he's still playing this season.

Cullen hit a million posts that year. Or am I thinking of Higgins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad