OT: Let's Remember Some Guys

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It gets pretty tense around here especially when we're playing particularly horrible. So let's play a game, which isn't really a game, but is just a feature on a sports blog I like. It's called Let's Remember Some Guys. You don't have to do anything other than post some guys that you remember. Maybe you want to recall when you saw them randomly, like @NYR Viper just recalled seeing Kris Newbury and @Amazing Kreiderman saw Andrew Yogan playing in Beirut or somewhere. The guys don't need to be special or noteworthy, just guys you remember, or guys who if you say their name, you think other people will be like, "I remember that guy."

Terry Yake

Rumun Ndur

Zarley Zalapski

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Brent Fedyk

Do you guys remember any of those guys?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If someone is still playing elite prospects does a pretty good job of keeping up with players. Just saying.

Anyway Tomas Kloucek. I had a lot of hopes for him. Wrecked his knee really badly and then got rushed back soon.

As far as Zalapski he died not too long ago. Ndur was born in Nigeria but grew up in the Toronto area.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I remember coming out of the lockout thinking Hugh Jessiman and Rick Kozak were going to terrorize the Atlantic division as power forwards for years.

giphy.gif

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Who was the enforcer tweener who elbowed someone in the head in his like first game with the Rangers and then got suspended and waived+claimed or outright traded right after?

Reactions: deathb4disco

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If someone is still playing elite prospects does a pretty good job of keeping up with players. Just saying.

Anyway Tomas Kloucek. I had a lot of hopes for him. Wrecked his knee really badly and then got rushed back soon.

As far as Zalapski he died not too long ago. Ndur was born in Nigeria but grew up in the Toronto area.
Zalapski died? f*** me, man.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Simo Saarinen, like too many other young guys we've had, NHL career cut short by early injury

Jim Dorey and his 1 game (plus 1 PO game) NYR career

Vaclav Nedomansky finishing his career w NYR

Bobby Rousseau

Glenn Sather, #6, getting penalized for holding a jersey through a hole in his glove

Ron Harris, hard working tough journeyman with a clutch playoff OT goal! HockeyDB says he was 5'9", 175# - he played bigger than that

Mike Ridley

Bubba Beck

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Shane McColgan. He was on fire in Kelowna at age 16/17 and was mentioned in the same breath as Nugent-Hopkins. We picked him in the 4th round after he dropped due to injuries. I was ecstatic. He left the WHL for the Vees in the BCHL and earned a PTO with the Kings.

In 2016, I met him in Tilburg when he played in the Netherlands where he scored at a PPG in the Oberliga Nord (The Netherlands has a team in the German 3rd division)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad