Proposal: Let's play a game: Propose a realistic trade to help rebuild this team

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
Self-explanatory, post a realistic trade proposal here that would help this team in the long haul, and explain it.

I'll start it off with two proposals

:panthers
Nail Yakupov
Martin Marincin
2014 2nd round pick

:edmonton
Dmitri Kulikov
Shawn Matthias
Quinton Howden
2014 4th round pick

Thinking is simple on this one, you have to give to get. Two teams that desperately need a shake up. Panthers acquire an offensive spark-plug in Yakupov, hoping he can click with some of our young forwards and benefit from a change of scenery and more ice time. Marincin gives the Panthers a young dman with NHL potential. On the other side, Edmonton acquires a young defenseman in Kulikov as well as a forward prospect in Howden with size and speed, something Edmonton could use. Matthias also fills the need for size and effort in Edmonton. The draft picks help to balance out the value.

David Rundblad
Rostislav Klesla
2014 2nd round pick

:coyotes
Tomas Fleischmann

Stealing this one from Adam French over at hockeybuzz (http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=55558&blogger_id=155). This makes too much sense from both sides. For the Panthers, a young puck moving defenseman like Rundblad could step into our top 4 immediately. Klesla, a free agent after the year, comes back for salary reasons, but also can fill out the bottom pair for the time being. The 2nd round pick seals the deal value wise. For Phoenix, Flash fills their glaring need for a top 6 LW and should be able to fit into Tippet's system.

Potential Line-Up after these trades

Huberdeau - Bjugstad - Yakupov
Upshall - Barkov - Versteeg
Bergenheim - Goc - Boyes
Kopecky - Gomez - Winchester

Campbell - Gudbranson
Weaver - Rundblad
Klesla - Gilroy/Gilbert

Last edited:

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Florida_PanthersSmiley.png

2014 1st Round Pick

SmileyOilers2.png

Jordan Eberle
Taylor Fedun

Don't know how that works value wise, but getting a top, young RW to play with Hubey and Barkov would be key.

Overpayment?

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

Dimitri Kulikov
3rd pick

SmileyOilers2.png

Jordan Eberle

Oil needs D-men, badly. Kuli would step in as their #1 guy. We get the RW who will round out our top line of Hubey-Barkov- Eberle.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Wayne Simmonds
Hal Gill

:flyers
Tomas Fleischmann
Colby Robak
2014 2nd round pick

I feel the Flyers need a shocking trade to shake things up as do the Panthers. Flash provides proven offensive production and the 2nd round pick provides Philly with the chance to pick 3 players in the top 40-50 players in this year's draft if they hold onto their 1st and 2nd rounders. The draft is also being held in Philly this year so this draft will be crucial for them to choose wisely in front of the hometown crowd. I feel Philly is headed for a bit of a re-build through the draft. Robak would be the cherry on top.

Florida gets a solid all around winger in Simmonds and Hal Gill. Simmonds can hit, fight and score playing in the top 6 at 25 years old. Hal Gill is to even out Philly's incredible small amount of cap space (Flash at $4.5mil and Simmonds at $3.975mil) and is a UFA at season's end. He could also show Gudbranson how to push people around in front of the net.

Think of these 5 guys shoring up our top 6 forward crew for years to come
Barkov
Bjugstad
Huberdeau
Simmonds
Trocheck

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
Wayne Simmonds
Hal Gill

Tomas Fleischmann
Colby Robak
2014 2nd round pick

I feel the Flyers need a shocking trade to shake things up as do the Panthers. Flash provides proven offensive production and the 2nd round pick provides Philly with the chance to pick 3 players in the top 40-50 players in this year's draft if they hold onto their 1st and 2nd rounders. The draft is also being held in Philly this year so this draft will be crucial for them to choose wisely in front of the hometown crowd. I feel Philly is headed for a bit of a re-build through the draft. Robak would be the cherry on top.

Florida gets a solid all around winger in Simmonds and Hal Gill. Simmonds can hit, fight and score playing in the top 6 at 25 years old. Hal Gill is to even out Philly's incredible small amount of cap space (Flash at $4.5mil and Simmonds at $3.975mil) and is a UFA at season's end. He could also show Gudbranson how to push people around in front of the net.

Barkov
Bjugstad
Huberdeau
Simmonds
Trocheck

Love the idea of Simmonds, but I don't think we're great trading partners for Philly. They need goal scorers and young, puck moving defenseman. We can't give up either at the moment.

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State

2014 1st Round Pick

SmileyOilers2.png

Jordan Eberle
Taylor Fedun

Don't know how that works value wise, but getting a top, young RW to play with Hubey and Barkov would be key.

Overpayment?

love the idea of going for eberle but the oilers have no reason to give a talent like him up for a 1st rd pick to hope to develop that player... would probably have to take kuli +

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
Wayne Simmonds
Hal Gill

Tomas Fleischmann
Colby Robak
2014 2nd round pick

Barkov
Bjugstad
Huberdeau
Simmonds
Trocheck

I suggested something around kuli for Simmonds before... I think that would be a great swap for both teams plus you could throw in pieces on both sides...

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i don't know if kulikov+matthias+howden+4th gets yakupov let alone marincin and a 2nd although id be ecstatic if it got us that (just yakupov alone). id offer kulikov + bjugstad/trocheck or kulikov + matthias/goc + shore + 2nd. i still think a kulikov for simmonds trade makes a lot of sense for both sides.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012

Nail Yakupov

:edmonton

Dimitri Kulikov
1st 2014

and

Jake Gardiner

:leafs
Shawn Matthias

yakupov is NOWHERE near worth kuli and a top5 pick this draft

rather just draft one of the top3 players, preferrably ekblad, that doesnt have the attitude along with trading off kulikov for him

gardiner fo matthias is a done deal, no takebacks

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Do you guys really think Yakupov to Florida is realistic?

depends on what edmonton want.

do they really feel that he was as good as the leading rookie scorer last year (huberdeau)? they shared it after the 48th game, but yakupov played vs a B squad his last game, so i discredit that.

will florida have to pay for a struggling guy, or do they have to pay for the rookie last year?

comes up to which one of them, kulikov would be the centerpiece

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
theres no way matthias gets us gardiner but that'd be awesome. id do kulikov for palmieri and sbisa, i don't think the ducks would though. and i don't think we're moving our pick unless we package it to get a proven highly-skilled winger back (comparable to a parise or a younger kovalchuk, someone like that) which isn't going to happen. yakupov could be that, but i think its a gamble to move the pick and kulikov for him. maybe the pick and a D prospect since none of the the forwards in this draft are really wowing just yet but as much as i love yakupov id take ekblad over him.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Something around Guds and Yakupov. Some picks probably added from our side.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Yak clearly wants out of Edmonton and it appears that his agent is now trying to force a trade, which clearly devalues what Yak will bring in return, since it raises character issues and concerns about the Russian factor. On the other hand, the Panthers are desperate for a RW, have a GM willing to gamble and have pieces to trade. How about:

Kulikov
Bergenheim
Matthias
for
Yak
salary dumps(s)

the Oilers get a winger with size and grit in Bergenheim, a big 3(c) with upside, and a PMD with talent and consistency issues. We get a young RW with first line talent, who may be a serious head case.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
josh bailey
brock nelson - move to rw fulltime

for

kulikov
boyes/verteeg

drop some middle round picks/prospects on either side to offset money?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yak clearly wants out of Edmonton and it appears that his agent is now trying to force a trade, which clearly devalues what Yak will bring in return, since it raises character issues and concerns about the Russian factor. On the other hand, the Panthers are desperate for a RW, have a GM willing to gamble and have pieces to trade. How about:

Kulikov
Bergenheim
Matthias
for
Yak
salary dumps(s)

the Oilers get a winger with size and grit in Bergenheim, a big 3(c) with upside, and a PMD with talent and consistency issues. We get a young RW with first line talent, who may be a serious head case.
5'11 Bergy brings size. I thought we were talking about the Oilers and not Habs? With the whole injury on/off and who caused it -soap opera, he has little to no value.

Matthias isn't really that good at center, and his hands of stone won't do him any favours regarding his value.

Kulikov, a PMD? Yeah right. MacT basically just got rid of another Kuli last week in Smid, to me Kuli seems like a pointless player to acquire for the Oilers.

Basically a pile of crap plus Kuli for a struggling recent 1st overall pick plus more crap.

If we're going to acquire a struggling recent top pick, I'd rather see a similar one going the other way in Guds + whatever needs to be added in picks (or a prospect).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad