Pre-Game Talk: Let's Pageau For It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The team doesn't think that Koskinen can pull a full load of games. As of yet they don't think he's a true number one. They would rather lose occasionally with Smith than take the chance of wearing Koskinen out and ultimately tanking the season prematurely.
:facepalm: Absolutely the most sensible read on this situation. It's not about managing work loads so that if you do name a "starter" that's not after they've played the majority of the games before the new year.

Also, Koskinen is likely starting tomorrow. Also also, Koskinen is averaging 7 wins, 1 regulation and 1 OT/SO lose per month so far, so perhaps he hasn't accomplished this simply by luck.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Benning is hurt and I’d rather have Jones playing games either in our top 6 or Bakersfields top 6. Manning keeping the NHL press box seat warm is fine by me.
Manning should be sitting in the AHL, because it saves the team cap and he provides the same value to the organization. Benning is banged up for sure, but Jones is going to stick, they'll let the other young guys get time down there.

Edit: They'll have to wave him soon, because Russell will be off the "non-roster" status.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Manning should be sitting in the AHL, because it saves the team cap and he provides the same value to the organization. Benning is banged up for sure, but Jones is going to stick, they'll let the other young guys get time down there.

Edit: They'll have to wave him soon, because Russell will be off the "non-roster" status.

I’m pretty sure he winds up in Bakersfield when the time comes and we are healthy on D. But for now it’s fine as it sits IMO.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The team doesn't think that Koskinen can pull a full load of games. As of yet they don't think he's a true number one. They would rather lose occasionally with Smith than take the chance of wearing Koskinen out and ultimately tanking the season prematurely.

That's precisely it in my estimation. The schedule here has been fortunate though as basically Koskinen would only be in his 4th game in 12 days if he plays tomorrow with at least 2 full days rest between each game. Though this would set up a Smith start on Friday against LA who has twice put up five against him this season. Do you bet on him putting up a strong game against them finally while knowing that LA feels confident shooting on him.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
He’s fine here as a 7D.

He is, but Jones may have shown enough to push him down. Right now though with Benning's health being a mystery and Russell set as a non-roster player, they likely need to keep him here until they get clarity on those two players. With Benning going out twice within a couple games, I'd bet on him being IRed for a couple weeks here soon.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Smith ready to back up Koskinen vs Ottawa so Skinner will be going back to Bakersfield. RNH and Kassian likely out for Sens game. Benning (puck in head) passed concussion test but being kept out for now

Matheson tweet

Reactions: RegDunlop

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Nygård back ! I hope he "learned" something..
Draisaitl and McDavid split is the right thing. they can be happy together on the PP ( with Neal) in those injuryprone times.

Poor Draisaitl thou´, but he is the guy who can drag worse players on his back.
I like that they find a playmate in Archibald to McDavid.
Nygard played last game

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Found this on my facebook post.
Oilers line up in Oct 2015

Hall-RNH-Klinkhammer
Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Korpikoski-Lander-Purcell
Gazdic-Letestu-Slepyshev/Miller

Klefbom-Schultz
Sekera-Fayne
Ference/Davidson-Gryba

14725702_1722330814755393_1407456485136180702_n.jpg

Reactions: RipsADrive

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Found this on my facebook post.
Oilers line up in Oct 2015

Hall-RNH-Klinkhammer
Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Korpikoski-Lander-Purcell
Gazdic-Letestu-Slepyshev/Miller

Klefbom-Schultz
Sekera-Fayne
Ference/Davidson-Gryba

The first lines is not that bad. Pouliot was before injurys a very fast and strong player, maybe with bad discipline. Yakupov had a willing to get to the net, but oh boy what a moron sometimes.

Purcell was OK while here, Slepyshev is a big "what if" that Oilers handled very badly.

That defence though is the biggest upgrade those days. Klefbom and Sekera is Yes sir! The rest is just a big package of cold served bad +/- stat.

And here Nikitin isnt even in. To Nikitins defence, he was heavilty injured and far past his good days while here.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
that was the time Yakupov used to skate like a hive of bees were chasing him lmao

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
they said Nuge had a procedure on his hand and will be out less time than initially feared and they’ll know more after the weekend. Hoping to hear some news soon.
Have they ever said what his issue is? I don’t recall seeing anything.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I sure hope we dress Persson over Manning tomorrow night .

Any game we have Manning is pretty much a guaranteed loss . Our record with him in the lineup is horrible this season.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad