Proposal: Let's get rid of the White-out

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I agree 100000%
I have said exactly this from the first moment years and years ago.
it’s a loser tradition from a loser franchise.

Typical winnipeg living in the past.
Time to actually progress into something new!
"Grandma's ashes have been sitting on the mantle for long enough. It's time to throw that urn in the trash and put up some new artwork. No more living in the past, time to actually progress to something new!"

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
What would you suggest? Asking sincerely.

I'll confess to liking the whiteout because it's cohesive and easily managed for most. It gives the fans something to belong to and allows them to visually show their support in addition to cheering loudly. It is something that Winnipeg's NHL fans are "known for" to an extent.

It's not novel, Calgary's sea of red came first IIRC but I wonder how you feel about Calgary's approach as well?

I'm trying to understand it from the other perspective.
Yes. The Whiteout was a copycat thing from the start. It came about one year because the Jets were weak but 4 of 5 teams made the playoffs. So a lady in their office thought a Whiteout would get people away from their TVs. They called it "The Charge of the White Brigade" after the "Charge of the Light Brigade" which unfortunately was a military disaster from the Crimean War.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
It's all about fun. But hypothetically let's say I agreed with you. You must then say the same
for other teams and sports who do the same thing . Like in the NBA playoffs . If your objection is solely aimed at the Jets, then I don't know what to say to you.. Why wear Jerseys then at all? Afterall it wont help determine the winner of games right? You must extend this to a pet oeeve you have about sports. It can't just be a Jets thing.
I didn't explain myself well. I meant to those wanting to get rid of it because of our poor record, when we go deep wearing the same white shirts, will they change their opinion

Fatdrunk

Better Luck Next Year
Feb 1, 2019
Yes. The Whiteout was a copycat thing from the start. It came about one year because the Jets were weak but 4 of 5 teams made the playoffs. So a lady in their office thought a Whiteout would get people away from their TVs. They called it "The Charge of the White Brigade" after the "Charge of the Light Brigade" which unfortunately was a military disaster from the Crimean War.
GO JETS GO GO JETS GO GO JETS GO GO JETS GO GO JETS GO GO JETS GO GO JETS GO GO JETS GO!!!!

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
side note.

THE FAKE WHITEOUT IS DEAD!

someone finally shot that desert dog in the head and their BS copycat whiteout is over.

i get that it’s a thing a lot of fan bases do… but they couldn’t even come up with a different colour or even name?

like everything else in that utter failure of a market… good riddance.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This is for the fans and city to rally behind. The players are professionals and it shouldn't matter to them how the fans choose to embrace a playoff run. What would wearing different attire do to change the outcome.

Reactions: SLAYER and KingBogo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad