Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
e3867dec4e5a10f15696cf0ce1cce9ee.gif

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I agree but every year it gets mentioned and every year people have a tantrum when it gets mentioned.

HighFlyingJets

Sep 30, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Yawn... Maybe its the team play and nothing to do with everyone wearing a colour. Maybe Calgary should stop wearing red? Maybe Washington too. Maybe toronto should wear orange or brown...

Who cares its unity in fandom and adds layers to help create an electric atmosphere. And it has a very well founded reputation.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
Since the Jets returned to Winnipeg, by my count they have played 16 home games in front of White Out crowds (I'm not counting the four home games they played against Edmonton and Montreal the year the building was empty).

Their record for those 16 home playoff games is 5-11. Quite terrible, really. Even in 2018 when they made it to the final four, Nashville won two of the three games played in Winnipeg.

The White Out isn't going anywhere, but it would be nice if the fans would acknowledge that it's more for their benefit than the team's benefit, because it sure doesn't seem to help the team win games.

Maybe this is the year that all changes, though.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
The White Out isn't going anywhere, but it would be nice if the fans would acknowledge that it's more for their benefit than the team's benefit, because it sure doesn't seem to help the team win games.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone claiming that the White Out is going to help the team win (although I'm sure there are). It's a fun tradition that we have in our city to support our team in the playoffs, what's the issue?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
can you list the players and the amount of games they have played in front of the white out?

KibbleandBlitz

Apr 5, 2024
Yes, the white-out looks cool. But it doesn't work. Time to bury it with the Arizona Coyotes. The Jets do better on the road!

(Even The Hockey Guy has noticed this.)
it does work. just ask the players. it helps them.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone claiming that the White Out is going to help the team win (although I'm sure there are). It's a fun tradition that we have in our city to support our team in the playoffs, what's the issue?
speaking to jets players they told me it does help.

it also separates regular season noise to playoff noise.

just adding towels is silky.

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
It's cool and fun. but it's kind of dumb when the Jets aren't wearing white.

I don’t think the point when the White Out began was ever about the jersey colour.

In any event, I think the White Out is a a uniquely awesome Winnipeg tradition that goes back to the 1980s. It’s iconic and it brings a lot of excitement in the city and of course in the building. It’s become our thing. The noise/energy at regular season games have become not so great, but the white out effect for the playoffs and the excitement around it will always be top notch. I don’t think it’s dumb at all — I think it’s brilliant marketing. At this point I think it would be dumb for the Jets to change the tradition.

I think all home playoff teams should be able to choose the jersey they want to wear at home. I have no idea what benefit there is in today’s day and age to not make that the policy as long as there is reasonable notice to the opposing team. But regardless of jersey colour, the white out is awesome and I think the response and “likes” (and lack of likes) to various posts in this thread speaks for itself.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Yes, the white-out looks cool. But it doesn't work. Time to bury it with the Arizona Coyotes. The Jets do better on the road!

(Even The Hockey Guy has noticed this.)

I don't mind people starting hottake threads But you say "it doesn't work " and then offer no reason . Reminds me of the type of internet forum poster who says " this or that sucks! " and then offer no rational. Care to enlighten me *why* it doesn't work.? It creates excitement and something fans can share together in a communal manner. Explain to me how it doesn't do that.

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't mind people starting hottake threads But you say "it doesn't work " and then offer no reason . Reminds me of the type of internet forum poster who says " this or that sucks! " and then offer no rational. Care to enlighten me *why* it doesn't work. It creates excitement and something fans can share together in a communal manner. Explain to me how it doesn't do that.
Yeah but he said even the Hockey Guy had noticed!! Whoever that is, I guess someone on youtube.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad