TV: Lethal Weapon:Crawford fired: Wayans breaks silence on about onset troubles

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Riggs was shot by his half brother at the end of the episode. They kind of played a dirty trick for emotional impact as Martin, Molly and her kid were moving to Texas anyways. But Martin went to visit his dead wife's grave and he was shot right in the O ring.

One of the more emotionally wrenching death scenes and really well done.

This show might or might not be back depending on if they can find a new actor, but it sounds like 5 actors have turned down the role. Probably because a Lethal Weapons without a Riggs might not last long

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Not that I watch this show anyway...but I guess Fox REALLY doesn't want to give up on the Leathal Weapon name

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
btw

It sounds more and more that one of the complaints filed was by Damon Wayans Sr and that would make sense considering how silent he has been through out this whole thing

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Its too bad because the Martin Riggs character was pretty good, and Crawford for all of his promises behind the scenes did a great job in the role.

I'm not sure of Sean William Scott as a actor in a serious cop drama, I wonder if they're going to write him as the goofy side kick and make Roger the unbalanced guy after the death of his partner.

Or the go radical.

Roger, destroyed by the death of his partner moves his family to a small town in Alabama and through circumstances gets elected as the Town's sheriff. The only other cop is Deputy errrr Randy Miggs, a former Clansman who lost his girlfriend in a tragic cross burning accident and has become suicidal and lives in a trailer by a junk yard.

Zaniness ensues as Randy tries to over come his racist tendencies and Roger runs around town calling everyone hicks, hillbilies or honkies in the hopes that someone will shoot him and end his suffering.

Leo Getz moves to tow and he and Roger's wife form a small law firm as two big city lawyers try to settle will and land disbutes. Eventually they'll be spun off to a new series of their own.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Its too bad because the Martin Riggs character was pretty good, and Crawford for all of his promises behind the scenes did a great job in the role.

I'm not sure of Sean William Scott as a actor in a serious cop drama, I wonder if they're going to write him as the goofy side kick and make Roger the unbalanced guy after the death of his partner.

Or the go radical.

Roger, destroyed by the death of his partner moves his family to a small town in Alabama and through circumstances gets elected as the Town's sheriff. The only other cop is Deputy errrr Randy Miggs, a former Clansman who lost his girlfriend in a tragic cross burning accident and has become suicidal and lives in a trailer by a junk yard.

Zaniness ensues as Randy tries to over come his racist tendencies and Roger runs around town calling everyone hicks, hillbilies or honkies in the hopes that someone will shoot him and end his suffering.

Leo Getz moves to tow and he and Roger's wife form a small law firm as two big city lawyers try to settle will and land disbutes. Eventually they'll be spun off to a new series of their own.

I always saw the show, like the movies before it, as an action/comedy. If SWS can get similar chemistry with Waynes as he did with Dwayne Johnson in The Rundown, it could work.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
So in the end, not a recast but a different character?

That's too bad I'd have liked to see how a current day TV show would handle just straight up changing the actor of the same lead character. A few shows have done it with some side characters but even then not many.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Is there a rule that when recasting a lead actor for a network tv show that you must grab one of the actors from Dude, Where's My Car?

Yes. In order to maintain their financial dominance over television, network execs made a deal with the Devil. In exchange for maintaining their profitability in perpetuity, the Devil asked for one thing; a film to be directed, produced, and acted in by hell's finest. This was to distract from the leadership problems hell was facing at the time, and to provide work for some out of work demons and ghouls. In order to stay on Satan's good side, network execs have promised to use the various demons of "Dude, Where's My Car?" when they need to recast a rule.

So it's not so much a rule, but a customary practice to stay on the right side of hell.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I'm telling you they should have hired a girl, called her martha riggs and said there were some complications during the surgery to remove the bullet since they had to go in through his junk.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I might reconsider watching this now. I didn't like the last guy at all.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So in the end, not a recast but a different character?

That's too bad I'd have liked to see how a current day TV show would handle just straight up changing the actor of the same lead character. A few shows have done it with some side characters but even then not many.

Yeah they’d have been better off just getting a lookalike or having someone wear a wig with mustache, I would have given a replacement actor in the same role a chance but have no interest in a Lethal Weapon without one of the signature characters. It would be like trying to make a Rocky VI if he was killed by Tommy Gunn in Rocky V the way the writers initially wanted.

Shame cause I really did like this remaking of the movie series for TV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad