TV: Lethal Weapon:Crawford fired: Wayans breaks silence on about onset troubles

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Lethal Weapon on Verge of Cancellation Due to Clayne Crawford's Behavior
http://www.vulture.com/2018/04/report-lethal-weapon-may-be-recast-lead-due-to-bad-behavior.html

Rumours started building last week that a TV series with half decent numbers maybe cancelled due to a lead actors behavior. Most thought it was Spader on Blacklist causing the troubles (he reportedly has his moments) but turn out is it Clayne Crawford causing trouble

will be interesting how this unfolds--sounds like fox is looking two choices right now--cancel the show outright or recast the Martin Riggs role

could be interesting--the show has grown on me

Lethal Weapon: Seann William Scott Replaces Clayne Crawford, Clearing the Way for Season 3 Renewal at Fox

Last edited:

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I want to like the show but the writing is predictable and bad. It has potential but it does all this story build up just to tie up all ends in a minute.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
What's the last show that recast a lead? And was successful with it?

There are a lot of shows that replace characters for various reasons but I can't think of any outright recasts recently.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
His "press release" is what I find a little funny. Sounds like he is between PR departments or reps and did not have someone with an once of common sense read it before it came out. It a nut shell the first release was a along the lines of "ooops, didn't realise I was offending people..my bad." He obviously did not read the new stories about how he had been talked to several times this season--so he was aware there was a problem-just did not realise how serious it was

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
So what are they going to do?

At the end of the season, Martin realizes his thing about his dad and his anger is because he is gender confused? So in the next Debut, Martin returns in the third or fourth episode of the season as Martha Riggs. No longer suicidal and overtly concerned about everyone feelings, this tough as nails cop isn't afraid to cry?

Or do they kill Martin at the end of the year, and then at the start of next year they have the cops morning over their loss, until Murtough is assigned a new partner a unsteady nerdy physically unsure cop straight out of the academy named Melissa Riggs, Martins long estranged and previously unknown daughter?

Or they change the show to a half hour cop comedy with Adam Sandler playing his partner the long lost jewish cousin of Martin Riggs?

Or they dump Riggs all together and Murtough retires and becomes a private eye hilariously working with a man that he can't stand in Leo Getz.

Then the show is cancelled 5 episodes in.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

At the end of the season, Martin realizes his thing about his dad and his anger is because he is gender confused? So in the next Debut, Martin returns in the third or fourth episode of the season as Martha Riggs. No longer suicidal and overtly concerned about everyone feelings, this tough as nails cop isn't afraid to cry?

Or do they kill Martin at the end of the year, and then at the start of next year they have the cops morning over their loss, until Murtough is assigned a new partner a unsteady nerdy physically unsure cop straight out of the academy named Melissa Riggs, Martins long estranged and previously unknown daughter?

Or they change the show to a half hour cop comedy with Adam Sandler playing his partner the long lost jewish cousin of Martin Riggs?

Or they dump Riggs all together and Murtough retires and becomes a private eye hilariously working with a man that he can't stand in Leo Getz.

The season finally was filmed 3 weeks ago--so it would need to be a last minute reshoot or they start the next season --if there is a next season with Riggs on a secret mission to find Thomas Gibson (for those who watch criminal minds will get the joke there as to why he was fired)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Usually shows just kill of character

Think of Valerie Harper getting axed from her show (Which became The Hogan Family). Show lasted 4 years after she was axed so it is possible for series to continue on with success when following a big part of show

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa

Or he gets replaced with a dog and it becomes something like K-9.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Usually shows just kill of character

Think of Valerie Harper getting axed from her show (Which became The Hogan Family). Show lasted 4 years after she was axed so it is possible for series to continue on with success when following a big part of show

Usually but you can't kill off Riggs in Lethal Weapon, that's been a decades-long franchise. I think they just pull a Bewitched and cast a loose look-alike, see if that works - that's the only thing they can really do apart from canceling it entirely which they really don't want to do since it's a hit. Too bad it has to come to this cause I actually like the reboot and all the characters.

They could also just try to go as is and film the Riggs actor apart from everyone else I suppose, just videoshop him in the room with other performers the way they supposedly did for Kalinda on the Good Wife when she and Juliana Margulies had a bad feud.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Or he gets replaced with a dog and it becomes something like K-9.

Or even better, at the end of the year Martin kills himself, and he comes back next year as a dog who can talk, except only Roger can hear him so everyone thinks he's crazy.

And instead of scooby snacks, he drinks beer and makes constant comments about not being able to shoot anyone because he doesn't have a proper thumb.

Gentlemen I smell a hit.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Or even better, at the end of the year Martin kills himself, and he comes back next year as a dog who can talk, except only Roger can hear him so everyone thinks he's crazy.

And instead of scooby snacks, he drinks beer and makes constant comments about not being able to shoot anyone because he doesn't have a proper thumb.

Gentlemen I smell a hit.
I would watch that over the show now.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land

Gentlemen I smell a hit.

He can smell crime! Should get Dolf Lundgren to play him.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
What is it about the Martin Riggs character that sends people over the edge? I know he's a loose cannon and all, but this is getting ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad