Post-Game Talk: Let’s take a Flyer on the standings

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
In that scenario the Bruins drop to 4th and we could still win the first seed.
NO! Because if that happens the Caps beat them. If they do so in regulation they get the top seed and the Isles take 3rd seed. If the Flyers don't beat them tonight. The Bruins need one point to get the number three seed.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He did the same thing he did when he got hurt a few months ago. He went out for another shift to test it and see if he could go, and when he went back to the bench it was a no-go. He was very ginger very very unfocused on the ice during that short shift.

He took two shifts after the injury tonight. Also he left the bench in the Boston game.

Reactions: Gallatin

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Now it is rest and getting over the bumps and bruises and getting ready for a hard first round match-up. Malkin is either ready or he isn't. I suspect a week off will help him and he has to know this is pretty much it.

Reactions: ncm7772

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
yep, it’s all about tonight...if Caps win in regulation, then they’ll take the division against the Bs because they’ll be resting players
Yeah and that COULD work in our favor IF the Isles win their next two in regulation. The Bruins would then drop to 4th.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Geno's becoming like a toddler just learning to walk where you have to put a bunch of rubber padding all over the house to make sure they don't hurt themselves.

It wasn’t knee or knee or leg on leg either...the Buffalo player deked him and hit the side of Geno’s knee with his stick and G went down...if moving side to side or being tripped up as a hockey player is going to cause you to be out for weeks, it’s time to hang them up

BeatenLikeRentedMule

Mar 9, 2016
Super Mario Land
He did the same thing he did when he got hurt a few months ago. He went out for another shift to test it and see if he could go, and when he went back to the bench it was a no-go. He was Moving very gingerly, very very unfocused on the ice during that short shift.

It looked bad. His leg buckled slightly....
It would be awesome if Pens won their sixth Cup without Malkin. They won without Letang in 17 so it's not unprecedented.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Geno's becoming like a toddler just learning to walk where you have to put a bunch of rubber padding all over the house to make sure they don't hurt themselves.

Yeah.

Talent-wise, Malkin's still as good as they come, but his body's breaking down a lot more often lately...and this is a guy who you'd never call durable.

I'm curious to see how next year goes.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
He did the same thing he did when he got hurt a few months ago. He went out for another shift to test it and see if he could go, and when he went back to the bench it was a no-go.

He was Moving very gingerly, very very unfocused on the ice during that short shift. It looked bad. His leg buckled slightly....
I guess I missed his shift after getting tripped. Let's just hope he's alright.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I thought the Malkin contact looked very minimal. Worrisome that that took him out, assume he’s come back far sooner than he should.

Probably just a bruise but it’s sore so he stayed off

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010

Oh, I thought 6 weeks ago a 6 foot 6 240lb guy caved his knee in. So you mean he doesn't just get injured on a whim? Thanks for clearing that up.

Reactions: ncm7772

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad