Confirmed with Link: Lessio and Dietz UFA

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
And that's what I dont understand. I mean, Lessio would be a good farmhand at this jucture, no ?

And who is gonna play D ? Dalton Thrower ?

What's our presumptive D squad in St John's ? Hanley, Johnston, Bourque.. Thrower ?

Thrower
Hanley
Johnston
Parisi
Lernout
Bartley

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This is what you get when you have a GM who makes **** up as he goes. No plan

Dietz and Lessio were both decent and should not have been let go.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Maybe it's just me, but I thought Ellis took some huge strides since coming back from the ECHL 1 1/2 year ago, and was arguably the best defenseman on the Icecaps. Wouldn't have hurt to let him stay for another year and see if he can improve even further.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
keeping matteau over lessio is absolutely devastating to me and to the team

unreal.

Well it's stupid I agree, but there is no way to get rid of Matteau other than buying out his contract or trading him for future considerations. Plus, it would make the organization look like even bigger fools after trading DSP for him.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
You do realize he's responsible for Lessio being here. If he planned to not qualify him, why not trade Thomas for a draft pick. Bergevin is awful at asset management.

First of all, no one in the league was going to trade a pick for Thomas. Second of all, Lessio could still be back.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Like some have said...not qualifying all these guys doesn't necessarily mean they won't resign them. In other news DSP and Tinordi did not recieve QO's either.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Lot of players aren't getting qualified. Its a way to drive down their salaries if you aren't scared of them being picked up by other teams.

My apologies for not using the sarcasm smilie.

Reading here at the end of the season, it appeared that DSP was going to be the savior for the Devils.

And now the Devils are nickel and diming him.

Sigh......

And why in the hell would anyone get worked up over the prospects/players that were not offered QOs here. None of them would have made a bit of a difference for the Habs.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
After taking a look around the league and the quality of players that weren't qualified either. I think if the actual plan is to get them for cheaper than their QOs, it's pretty safe that GMs will have other priorities come July 1st than signing these two.

Maverik

Oct 26, 2006
good move, next step, offer them 500k with an expiry date of June 30th, forces them to accept it or risk free agency and go nowhere.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Unless it to sign even better player to fill the same role or resign them for less it seem like Montreal is pinching pennies... The only number we should be worried about is the cap number we should be trowing money anywhere were it could give us a edge, scout, Coaches (NHL/AHL), elite AHLer. If they can't help in the NHL they could atleast help in the AHL, having our AHL team reach the playoff would be a big help to player progression and help create a winning atmosphe...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Hate to beat this dead horse but if it was Steven Matthew and Lucas Lesseaux the situation would be reversed.

Unreal, indeed.

Of course. Just like we keep Brian Flynnois and didn't qualified Michael Bournismith.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
After taking a look around the league and the quality of players that weren't qualified either. I think if the actual plan is to get them for cheaper than their QOs, it's pretty safe that GMs will have other priorities come July 1st than signing these two.

Yeah, Merill, Jooris, DSP and quite a few others...

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Players all around the league don't receive QO every year. These guys are dime a dozen players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad