Confirmed with Link: Lessio and Dietz UFA

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
"We have too many 4th liners, Bergevin sucks!!!!" - HFBoards, yesterday.

"How could he let Lessio walk for nothing? Bergevin sucks!!!!" - HFBoards, today.

And try this....what about keeping the good ones and getting rid of the worst ones? Good job disregarding this. Let Lessio walk....but no problem we have Matteau and Flynn!

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Geez, only guy left from the Habs 2009 draft? Bennett.....

Was a bust draft

That reminds me, whatever happened to our worst prospect of the year award?

t7JRzNh.jpg

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don't really give a crap about Bennett not getting QO'd either but I wonder if Bergevin is tired of the team missing the playoffs in the AHL and is going to go ham on above average AHLers (which is better than Dietz & Lessio) and using those extra contract spots in order to afford those signatures.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Mike Cichy had 89 points in 40 games this year with Orlik Opole :yo:

Orlik_Opole_logo.jpg

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Ellis, Bournival and Bennett too.....yeah, that was the right decision. Time for everybody to move on.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
What do we do with those contract spots tho? Sign two good AHL defensemen a la TJ Brennan?

I hope we did. As I keep saying times and times again....find some vets to make this team make the freaki playoffs.

Thing is...as someboyd else said...we actually might re-sign them just at a lower price.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
Prefer Lessio over the other options for our 4th.

Also prefer Dietz over Hanley.

Me too. I kind of like Lessio on the 4th line but with Bergevin piloting the plane we sure do have a lot of depth with our grinders

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I hope we did. As I keep saying times and times again....find some vets to make this team make the freaki playoffs.

Thing is...as someboyd else said...we actually might re-sign them just at a lower price.

That's a possibility but I think Bergevin is just tired of the farm missing the playoffs. I guess he's going to take matters in his own hands.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
That's a possibility but I think Bergevin is just tired of the farm missing the playoffs. I guess he's going to take matters in his own hands.

And that's what I dont understand. I mean, Lessio would be a good farmhand at this jucture, no ?

And who is gonna play D ? Dalton Thrower ?

What's our presumptive D squad in St John's ? Hanley, Johnston, Bourque.. Thrower ?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
And that's what I dont understand. I mean, Lessio would be a good farmhand at this jucture, no ?

And who is gonna play D ? Dalton Thrower ?

What's our presumptive D squad in St John's ? Hanley, Johnston, Bourque.. Thrower ?

Yeah, I would have normally assumed that Dietz was a victim of our RD depth and his development stalling. But given the fact that Bennett (and our few pro prospects on the left side) didn't QO either tells me that Bergevin is going to fill the spots with proven guys because like you said we have nobody on D for the IceCaps.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 1 minil y a 1 minute
Lucas Lessio and Darren Dietz won't receive their QO's. They'll be UFA on July 1st. #canadiens #tvasports

It's possible the Habs don't want to give Lessio a qualifying offer at $873,000 and would rather take their chances either signing him for less or letting him walk if he refuses the offer the club thinks is fair.

It's happened with countless other players, both on the Habs and other clubs. The Devils just decided not to qualify Beau Bennett, for whom they traded a 3rd round pick two days ago, and also Devante Smith Pelly, who also would need a qualifying offer upwards of $800k. What is interesting is that the Devils already announced that they intend to sign these guys and maybe one or two more, to new contracts anyway, presumably on better terms.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I like Lessio. He's better than Matteau and Flynn, both of which bring absolutely nothing to the table.

Dietz improved a lot, too. I thought he was going to be our #7 or #8 to fill in on the right side if an injury occurred.

Hopefully they still complete deals for both.

It's one thing to not make the playoffs but develop players to take the next step. Neither is happening, though. That's coaching.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Considering some of the dead weight signings still in St. John's I'm very surprised that Dietz didn't get another 1yr deal. I'm Lessio surprised by Lessio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad