LeSean McCoy alleged abuse (NSFW)

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I mean, it didn't really, but sure.

And even so, 1) McCoy is still a shitty human, 2) police believe she was targeted, so obviously something made her think McCoy was behind it, and 3) this doesn't necessary mean case closed, as Jameis Winston can attest to.

It's fair to be skeptical and confused as to what's going on, but I'd want to keep looking into this if I'm Buffalo/the NFL.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
I mean, it didn't really, but sure.

And even so, 1) McCoy is still a ****ty human, 2) police believe she was targeted, so obviously something made her think McCoy was behind it, and 3) this doesn't necessary mean case closed, as Jameis Winston can attest to.

It's fair to be skeptical and confused as to what's going on, but I'd want to keep looking into this if I'm Buffalo/the NFL.

The original Instagram post by the friend said "I can't believe you did this to my best friend", then it changed to he had his goons do it when he said he hadn't even seen her in months.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The original Instagram post by the friend said Shady beat the **** out of her, then it changed to he had his goons do it when he said he hadn't even seen her in months.

Here's the original post:

"@shadymccoy is THE DEVIL!!! YOU ARE AN ANIMAL!!!!!!” the caption read. “We didn’t say anything about how you beat your dog “Henny” into kidney failure. Let’s not talk about all the times my best friend had to stop you from VICIOUSLY beating your son for small things like peeing in the bed. We kept quiet about your drug usage … all the ILLEGAL steroids and needles you were using, but we will not keep quiet about this!!!!!! I can’t believe you did this to my best friend!!!!! YOUR KARMA IS GOING TO BE SO REAL!!!!!! The world needs to know what type of animal you really are!!!!!!! This was just her yesterday on the left and now this morning this is her on the right!!!! #WomanBeater #AnimalAbuser #ChildAbuser”

I mean, sure, the hashtags and phrasing make it seem like she was personally accusing him of doing the beating rather than him calling the shots, but it can also be read as her accusing him of being responsible. This is (one reason) why lawyers tell you to keep quiet. Saying the wrong thing can blow a case, even if you're right.

I don't read this as her changing her story.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
Here's the original post:

"@shadymccoy is THE DEVIL!!! YOU ARE AN ANIMAL!!!!!!” the caption read. “We didn’t say anything about how you beat your dog “Henny” into kidney failure. Let’s not talk about all the times my best friend had to stop you from VICIOUSLY beating your son for small things like peeing in the bed. We kept quiet about your drug usage … all the ILLEGAL steroids and needles you were using, but we will not keep quiet about this!!!!!! I can’t believe you did this to my best friend!!!!! YOUR KARMA IS GOING TO BE SO REAL!!!!!! The world needs to know what type of animal you really are!!!!!!! This was just her yesterday on the left and now this morning this is her on the right!!!! #WomanBeater #AnimalAbuser #ChildAbuser”

I mean, sure, the hashtags and phrasing make it seem like she was personally accusing him of doing the beating rather than him calling the shots, but it can also be read as her accusing him of being responsible. This is (one reason) why lawyers tell you to keep quiet. Saying the wrong thing can blow a case, even if you're right.

I don't read this as her changing her story.

I edited my post while you were posting to include the actual quote, rather than my paraphrasing.

It could be read as that, sure, but while stating that he also beat his kid and dog, it's heavily implied at the very least that he was also the one who beat her.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I edited my post while you were posting to include the actual quote, rather than my paraphrasing.

It could be read as that, sure, but while stating that he also beat his kid and dog, it's heavily implied at the very least that he was also the one who beat her.

I just think it's a matter of poor initial phrasing rather than her changing her story. Even if he didn't personally do it, had he ordered it, I would still be comfortable with all of the things she said, including the "woman beater" label. Rae Carruth didn't pull the trigger, but he still killed the mother of his child and deserves to be called a murderer.

In any event, McCoy may indeed be totally innocent, but this woman was still savagely beaten by someone who targeted her. We'll see what comes of the investigation.

EDIT: Here's the 911 audio via Deadspin. It seems to support her never accusing McCoy directly and her story not changing. Something gave her reason to believe it was him (which may be incorrect), but I really don't think she changed her story. She might have just jumped the gun. She might just be wrong.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I just think it's a matter of poor initial phrasing rather than her changing her story. Even if he didn't personally do it, had he ordered it, I would still be comfortable with all of the things she said, including the "woman beater" label. Rae Carruth didn't pull the trigger, but he still killed the mother of his child and deserves to be called a murderer.

In any event, McCoy may indeed be totally innocent, but this woman was still savagely beaten by someone who targeted her. We'll see what comes of the investigation.

EDIT: Here's the 911 audio via Deadspin. It seems to support her never accusing McCoy directly and her story not changing. Something gave her reason to believe it was him (which may be incorrect), but I really don't think she changed her story. She might have just jumped the gun. She might just be wrong.

Agreed.

She might be wrong, but she may be acting under her lawyers advice to walk back the accusations for now while they build the case. It doesn't strike me as if she is changing her story, but rather acted rashly and emotionally at the start and is now being taught how to execute this thing properly both legally and the press for the best result for her. Yes it's possible she is wrong about this attack in particular (at least some of the other accusations seem too specific to be completely made up, albeit perhaps exaggerated), but I don't think we have enough info one way or the other on this yet.

Reactions: What the Faulk

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Reports say the Bills are aware of the allegations are are looking into it.

If it's confirmed, I hope the Bills cut him. I don't care if he's our best player, get that garbage off our team.

Lol even if he did it I mean thats tame compared to what most of these thugs get in trouble for. They should get rid of him and go after Bell next year but thats because of the age. Hes an old 30 and his body has shown signs of breaking down.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Lol even if he did it I mean thats tame compared to what most of these thugs get in trouble for. They should get rid of him and go after Bell next year but thats because of the age. Hes an old 30 and his body has shown signs of breaking down.
My buddy is a Steelers fan and I told him yesterday the Bills are cutting Shady to sign Bell ,half teasing.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
My buddy is a Steelers fan and I told him yesterday the Bills are cutting Shady to sign Bell ,half teasing.

They have the cap space next year ironically. Just depends om if he would even consider it. They probably wont win anything anytime soon but they have the financial means to do it. I almost think winning doesnt mean everything here because he turned down a 5 for $70 offer by the Steelers reportedly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad