Leon Draisaitl has the highest points per game the playoffs in the last 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers2020

Aug 4, 2020
points are the coolest part of hockey

ecTWyjS.png

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Who honestly cares? I would rather root for a competitive team than have one guy on my team put up 400 points per season. Individual trophies mean nothing at the end of the day.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
So Draisaitl and McDavid should stop trying to score so much so the team becomes more competitive?

That's some backwards ass logic.
Maybe they need more emphasis on a two-way game instead of just going for points all the time. No matter how much you produce, if your team allows more goals when you're on the ice than they score, it's all for nothing.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Maybe they need more emphasis on a two-way game instead of just going for points all the time. No matter how much you produce, if your team allows more goals when you're on the ice than they score, it's all for nothing.
5on5 this year they were plus players.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I really don't mean to be a hater but I have never seen a player that gets as many points as he does look so unimpressive live in action. I was waiting all series for him to do something impressive or noticeable
Symptom of high hockey IQ.

Reactions: abo9

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
I really don't mean to be a hater but I have never seen a player that gets as many points as he does look so unimpressive live in action. I was waiting all series for him to do something impressive or noticeable

He looked pretty lackluster most of the series. He can be completely dominate at times. When he plays with some intensity he is an animal but you don't get that every night. He is also capable of being one of the worst players when he stops moving his feet and just starts blindly saucing the puck to the other team

Pretty sure Oil fans are happy with his year still :nod:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
People are trying too hard to have fun with the OP - but I don't think he's implying Draisait is the best playoff performer in the past 10 years (or even 4) with such a small sample size. All he's saying is - to the many detractors who are saying Drai is bad in the playoffs - he's not, just look at his ppg, higher than anyone elses, which shows he actually does well in playoffs. There's only so much an individual can contribute.

I agree - I think that makes sense.

Early year Ovechkin was full of strong individual performances but with his team losing. Can't really fault the individual.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Draisaitl is a +9 is those 17 playoff games which means his team scored 9 more goals than the opposition when he was on the ice so...

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Symptom of high hockey IQ.

And it's actually a really good sign for the future, I think. Guys that rely too much on their physical tools tend to decline quickly if they don't maintain a very strict training regimen. I'm really curious to watch McDavid's career evolve as he ages. I don't expect him to fall off the face of the earth but he might have to adjust his game significantly as he gets older and slower - if he doesn't defy all odds and keep being the dynamo he is.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Of course Drai and McDavid put up huge numbers - they are supremely skilled and have absolutely zero interest in two-way hockey. It shows in their stats and in their lack of success.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Defense isn't only the job of the Defenseman. The Oilers won't be winning anything anytime soon until their forwards are committed to playing team defense too.

For all the crowing the media did about Toews this series, Draisaitl was actually perfectly fine defensively, and quite a bit better than McDavid on the defensive side of things. It's a lazy narrative.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Drai and McDavid are not to blame for the Oilers losing that series.

But at the same time, as far as I see it, Draisaitl only has 2 playoff series under his belt. I don't really give a damn about any points that were scored by any players in a play-in round to make the playoffs.

Reactions: slapKing

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
lol I always said this. I can't think of one "highlight " Draisaitl play. McDavid, Kane, Eichel etc have plenty of them. Draisaitl just racks up the points somehow.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
This is exactly why I was hoping the Avs would play the Hawks in round one.

Good stat-padding for your top players. Their defence and goaltending are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad