Rumor: Leo Komarov Fin(n)ished As A Leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
whatever, we don;'t want those selfish players on the team anyways... Thats why i hate European players!

Komarov worked hard every time he was on the ice for the Blue & White, you can't ask for more than that. You can't blame him for going back to his (sort of) native Russia where he will most likely be paid double what he would be getting here (around 1 million a year), when he can barely speak English. Hopefully he stays here, but if not I wish him the best of luck in Russia. I know I wouldn't want to move to Russia to work for half my salary here, which is essentially what he has done in reverse.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Emil Elo "works" for Jatkoaika.com, the biggest Finnish hockey site(run by amateurs, no affiliations). Plenty of people there are usually connected in the Finnish hockey circles(which aren't that big) but we'll see if what's heard is true. Wouldn't be the first time if it's not.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
If true, I'd be a little sad. The Russian Heat-Seeking Missile was a perfect 4th-liner who could be bumped up to the 3rd line when needed. That being said, we've got a ton of bottom-six talent developing in our system right now, so filling the void shouldn't be much of an issue.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
If he does leave it will be a huge loss. He was a great PKer and was fearless! No one in our system can agitate like Komarov did this year. Ross if he gets it all together maybe, but Ashton and company can't bring what komarov did.

He'll be missed if he leaves, he is what the Leafs have lacked for years, Tenacity and Character. I thought he and McClement were the reason our PK became respectable, and their willingness to do the dirty work was an inspiration for the others to step up.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i really liked the guy... but to be honest... he's not that great of a hockey player.

i think he's fine on the 4th line.... but i didn't like him on the 3rd line. he doesn't have enough offensive skill.

he was pretty good on the PK which is nice... and he likes to hit... but he doesn't even hit very hard... more of a pest than anything. but he skated hard and put in a good effort which was nice to see.

i don't think people were afraid to play against him... more annoying to play against him.

shouldn't be too hard to find a guy to play on the 4th line with mcclemment and mclaren. and we might even be able to find someone who can score a little bit too.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Brad Ross could be ready to step in on our 4th line this season. So not a huge loss if true. Would like Komarov to stay though

david999

Jan 21, 2011
I really hope that this is not true. Leo was one of the main reasons other teams did not like playing against the Leafs. I hope Nonis does whatever he can to keep him.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Adios Amigo. Liked him but whatever. If he wants to leave don't want him. We got a lot of guys who would kill for his spot on the Marlies anyways.

Might just see McClaren-McClement-Orr on the 4th. Ashton/Ross/D'Amigo probably get some games. But it's way too early who knows what trades or signings will make.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Would've helped if the Leafs actually offered him a contract.

Leo Komarov, we hardly knew ye.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Meh.

Not bothered really. It kind of irked me how he up and left the Marlies back in November, And I kind of saw this coming especially with his QO which would have been sub $1m.

Like people have said D'amigo and Ashton can step into the bottom 6 next year anyway.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Would've helped if the Leafs actually offered him a contract.

Leo Komarov, we hardly knew ye.

It's June 9th. The Playoffs aren't even over.

Chances are, Nonis and co are still doing exit interviews and such.

Would've helped if Leo Komarov let the Leafs offer him a contract.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Bing.

Most teams tend to do their qualifying offers right before UFA season begins.
He most likely wanted the money, and knew the leafs would never offer him a million. (maybe, we'll never know).

He helped the PK, but in all honesty, I'm not worried about it.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

Yes, June 9th. Their post season has been done for a month, exit interviews are long over, all of the players are sitting on a beach in god knows where.

Dallas just traded for Gonchar's UFA rights and signed him the next day. If you really want to sign a player there's nothing stopping them. Especially a cheap, short term contract like the one Komorov probably would have accepted.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It sucks if he does leave, but they do have to do a serious job replacing a fourth liner, since we've seen, not everyone is useful in that role.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Yes, June 9th. Their post season has been done for a month, exit interviews are long over, all of the players are sitting on a beach in god knows where.

Dallas just traded for Gonchar's UFA rights and signed him the next day. If you really want to sign a player there's nothing stopping them. Especially a cheap, short term contract like the one Komorov probably would have accepted.

Komarov can make 3 times the money in Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad