Leland Irving

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Not as good as Irving!!! :yo:
Stat wise that may be true, but look at the teams Irvings faced so far...Chilliwack, Kamloops, Spokane(2) Seattle, Kelowna, Tri(1). Of those teams only Spokane, Tri, and Kamloops are averaging more than 2 goals a game on the season. He is a good one, but lets wait and see what type of numbers he puts up against Vancouver for example.

AgentNaslund*

me from June 24th

me from July 8th

I also think he will be a better pro goalie than Carey Price. This kid is just an unreal talent who has a super strong mental game already.

L.A Kings and Tampa BAy will glady disagree with you. They've got more reasons to say Hes not the best goalie in the draft then what you have to say hes the best goalie in the draft. Just remember Everett Silvertips is hte MInnesota Wild of the WHL. Same trapping team, same damn ugly green jerseys etc etc. We will see in 2 years whois the best goalie from the draft.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
L.A Kings and Tampa BAy will glady disagree with you. They've got more reasons to say Hes not the best goalie in the draft then what you have to say hes the best goalie in the draft. Just remember Everett Silvertips is hte MInnesota Wild of the WHL. Same trapping team, same damn ugly green jerseys etc etc. We will see in 2 years whois the best goalie from the draft.

and washington. they picked varlamov #23 overall.

iamcaper

Yes he does look good......anyone tell me how Pavelec is doing?

He's been roughed up a few games but he seems to be getting better with each game. The defense is up and down so his lack of rebound control is killing him. Personally I think he commits too early and drops which opens up the top of the net for opportunities. Down low his first save is amazing

kappa44

Jul 26, 2006
Irving is awesome but when will he play, Kipper isnt old and even though hes not playing THAT great right now he is still kipper, will Irving be the next Ari Ahonen(behind Brodeur) or the next Ondrej Pavelec(behind Lehtonen). Hes really going to havta prove himself and even if he does it would still be hard to bench a guy like Kipper now or even in the near future.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
I'm not sure anyone has mentioned it yet, but Irvings benefits alot from playing in the most defensive system in the entire WHL. On most night's teams don't record 20 shots against the Tips.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great goalie....but his numbers are strewed because the Tips are incredible in their own zone.

Carey Price is the better goalie right now, look at the Americans record....he's a big reason for that and he faces a lot of rubber.

Still though Irving is a top notch keeper prospect. I'd put him on par with Bernier and Helenius, no better, no worse.

Phanuthier*

Which isn't a bad thing, for the spot the Flames picked him in.

To be mentioned in that catagory as some of the elite goaltending prospects in the league is a real honour for Lelande Irving.

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
watched him tonight, didnt have a great game. Stopped most of what he should have but was beat over the shoulder from pretty far out. Other goal allowed was a scramble upfront he had no chance on. One of his better attributes is how he plays the puck. He's always chasing dump-ins or keeping the puck moving. Nielson81 hit it spot on, he plays for everett, the most frustrating defensive team in the dub. Before the rule change they ran the trap to perfection and now its sort of a hybrid trap. There werent very many great chances tonight (due in part to the fact my hawks are rebuilding) but he was able to stop most of them. Overall he is a smart, sound positional goaltender who can move laterally quite well. Doesnt do well when screened (who does?) and can act as a 3rd defenseman. Solid pick by the flames, I can't say weather he's the best goalie in last years draft or not but I do know he's a value at that pick...

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
lol. you see my point here. people doesnt hate the habs because you have won alot of cups. none of you had anything to do with those cups anyway. and most of you probably wasn't habs fans the last time they won either. could be wrong. i have no idea when the last time the habs won was. and personally i dont hate the habs fans. i just disagree with things you saiy every once in a while.

Although he might have had nothing to do with the cups, it is a reason why lots of people hate the HABS. Especially older people. I mean 24 cups, people get jealous of that kind of success. When you see your team lose to the Habs year after year it creates a hate.

As for Irving, I didn't follow this draft at all (Oilers were just coming of a tough lose so I wasn't in a hockey mood and we didn't have any 1sts) but those are good numbers. He is still a Flame though so he automatically sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad