Confirmed with Link: Leland Irving to Helsingin Jokerit

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The lockout came at an unfortunate time for Irving because he was pencilled in to be Kipper's backup and the Heat already were going forward with Taylor and Brust. In hindsight he probably should have signed in some European league and played starter minutes during the lockout. But ultimately it was his own play last year that did him in, he really should have been head and shoulders above Taylor and Brust if he was to step into a full time NHL role this year.
To be fair to Irving there was not a single goaltender in the AHL that was head and shoulders above Brust in the first half of the season. He went on a record setting shutout streak early in the season. Also despite that streak Taylor who was playing well but not nearly as well was still given regular starts by Ward. Irving even had trouble getting ice time in practice right from the start.

Also European clubs brought over very few goaltenders during the lockout, he signed a PTO in order to get time in Abbotsford. He never should have been behind Taylor or Brust and he was from day 1, even before he played poorly.

Kentti

Oct 5, 2012
Irving got his new Jokerit mask this week.

wortGXI.jpg

Some Leland's stats this season so far. He has been the undisputed number one goalie for Jokerit. Jokerit is 10-6-3 this season.

GPI 19, GA 32, SA 458, SV 426, SV% .930, GAA 1.68, SO 4, PIM 0

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Irving got his new Jokerit mask this week.

wortGXI.jpg

Some Leland's stats this season so far. He has been the undisputed number one goalie for Jokerit. Jokerit is 10-6-3 this season.

GPI 19, GA 32, SA 458, SV 426, SV% .930, GAA 1.68, SO 4, PIM 0
I am really glad he is doing well, I hope he stays over next year too a couple really strong years will build his confidence and then hopefully he will get another shot at the NHL.

And I love that mask so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad