Leipold: I wish we hadn't traded for Hanzal

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Sometimes it's okay to not say things publicly.
Isn't this the same owner, who said everyone needed to show some fiscal restraint.....................and a few weeks later signed Suter and Parise to retirment deals??

This is why most owners are very very quiet...because when they aren't they end up looking like they are related to Eugene Melnyk...;)

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Duh. Obviously with benefit of hindsight, you'd what your picks back. I'm sure any non-cup winner would say the same about acquiring rentals. Probably. Ahiught thta should be kept to themselves though.

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015
I mean, it didn't work but is a team with a roster like the wild realistically going to win a Cup if they don't go all out at the trade deadline? If you don't have a Crosby/Malkin/Kane/Kopitar type guy it's never going to happen if you don't swing for the fences and that means most years you are going to strikeout. They should still go for it when they have a year like they just did.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
It doesnt work out more times that it does work out. And even if it does work out and your team wins the cup or makes in far- its likely they would have done the same without that player or with a cheaper alternative

Getting vets at TDL can help a team but the actual help is typically far from whats expected, aka how they were playing on their former team

Talk about a shortsighted view. I don't think the Hawks win in 2015 without Vermette.

1 team wins the Cup per year, and there are probably 12 teams that had a realistic shot. If a significant upgrade is available that fills a major hole, trading a pick that has about a 50% chance of having a NHL career of note isn't too heavy a price.

Leipold should have said "I wish the Wild played better when it mattered the most." They had the talent on paper to make a run, and it was a good gamble IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad