Leicester, from EPL champions to Championship in just 7 years

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is the type of thread that @George Leafer would make and since the "@" isn't showing him anymore, I suspect that the OP is in fact my fam George.

LC got relegated because they simply did not fire Brendan Rodgers soon enough. We all know this team was better than Bournemouth, Everton, and Wolves.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
or Ligue 1, or Serie A prior to the past 3 seasons, the La Liga duopoly, the Liga Nos triumvirate, etc... Basically every league that's not the MLS or A-League has the same issue.

BL has an uncompetitive title race (this year notwithstanding) but I'll have to dig up the thread I saw recently that showed they've also sent the largest variety of teams to European competition over the most recent stretch of time, so the rest of the league isn't quite so static.
Yes, despite FC Bayern winning 11 in a row, the rest of the league is more competitive than any other in Europe. The Premier League is way more top-heavy, and there's less rotation overall than for example in Italy despite, again, many titles won by Juventus. When changes do occur, it's usually quite directly related to ownership like Abramovich losing Chelsea, Leicester's owner dying in a helicopter crash, or conversely Newcastle being taken over by filthy rich sheikhs. In Spain the dynamics are different, but the overall situation isn't all that much.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad