Confirmed with Link: Lehtera will sign with SKA in KHL

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Vinny is one of the best Flyers ever?
Vinny is one of the best players to play for the Flyers, but not one of the best Flyers. If you look at the quote it was "worst Finn to play regular minutes for the Flyers" not "worst Finnish Flyer to play regular minutes." Pedantic, sure, but that's how I interpreted the comment. It's fair that others interpreted it differently.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
In similar news Chris VandeVelde just got let go by Salzburg in the Austrian league.

Since leaving he has been a 3rd liner in the Finnish league and let go, and a 2nd liner in the Austrian league and let go. (Michael Raffl's brother Thomas was playing ahead of him.)

Now he was a very good PKer, and did fairly earn his chance to play in the NHLby being a solid middle six AHLer with good D and PKing at that level.

But the fact he played 250 games for the Flyers shows just what a lack of depth (and at times lack of trust in young players) they have had since 2011-12.

I mean, Lehtera for all his flaws was a better NHL player. Even in his last two seasons with Philly.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Guaranteed Lehterä won't play till the end of the season in SKA. They will probably realize he sucks within 10 games in to the season.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
VdV, now Jori- former reliable heavy vets leaned on by the ex-Flyers HC whom no longer have jobs in the NHL. It took Manning a bit longer to get there, so his name belong with an asterisks.
And all they have in common is hextall's fingerprints all over them. Thank God for Pryor, but even his tenure ended at the hands of hextall. At least Fletcher didn't bring in his version of cal pickard yet.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Because I'm factoring in their careers outside of Philadelphia. Lehtera had a couple years as an effective 2-way center in St. Louis and Leino was absolute garbage in Buffalo.
Lehtera's best 3 scoring seasons: 44, 31, 22 pts. Total over 5 seasons: 111 pts (Playing with a 75 pt linemate in his best seasons)
Leino: 53, 25, 15. Total over 6 seasons: 119 pts.

And Leino was an above average skater who could actually play d.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Lehtera's best 3 scoring seasons: 44, 31, 22 pts. Total over 5 seasons: 111 pts (Playing with a 75 pt linemate in his best seasons)
Leino: 53, 25, 15. Total over 6 seasons: 119 pts.

And Leino was an above average skater who could actually play d.

Leino's 2010 playoff run alone > Lehteras career

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Shakey Graves

Jun 10, 2019
South Jersey
Just wanted to say "what's up" to you guys. This thread just got me to sign up and stop my lurking.

I could not stand the acquisition of Lehtera. I thought it was one of the worst signings. It made zero sense. In addition, I was so excited when I heard he was being charged for possession! Now if we can just lose MacDonald and his salary, I will be happy.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Just wanted to say "what's up" to you guys. This thread just got me to sign up and stop my lurking.

I could not stand the acquisition of Lehtera. I thought it was one of the worst signings. It made zero sense. In addition, I was so excited when I heard he was being charged for possession! Now if we can just lose MacDonald and his salary, I will be happy.

It made total sense when it meant we got two 1st rounders for Schenn

Reactions: Shakey Graves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad