TV: Legion

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
MacKenzie Gray. He's being credited with 7 episodes on the show. Simply known as "The Eye."
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0336797/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

Yep, that's what a 'successful' Vancouver actor looks like. Gets a small role on nearly every show and many movies that films here but very rarely someone notable or recurring.

Anyways I'm really curious where the show goes from here. I already knew what was coming in the pilot, which spent nearly it's entire time in a mental hospital. With the character there will always be a schizophrenic element of 'whats real', but I can't see them spending anymore time in a hospital so the question is where does it go from here and more importantly how far is this going to delve into the X-Men universe?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I stopped watching after three minutes. He doesn't even look like Legion. Could those idiots stop reimagining the characters? There is a source. Read it and stick to it.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I stopped watching after three minutes. He doesn't even look like Legion. Could those idiots stop reimagining the characters? There is a source. Read it and stick to it.

You're right, because real people don't look like ****ing cartoon/comic characters. It would look ridiculous if they did that here, because they aren't making a hammy, stupid MCU movie.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
They're not giving him a 2ft tall flat top man...

But it's how Legion looks. Now, he just looks another whatshisface prettyboy. I would have been ok with half a foot flat top instead of the stupid just got out of bed look.
I was OK with Wolverine not short and stocky enough. For me , as a comic fan, it's a little strange, since I don't find the comics I know and loved in the shows anymore. It's only vague references. That's a general thing , though, and not limited to Legion.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
But it's how Legion looks. Now, he just looks another whatshisface prettyboy. I would have been ok with half a foot flat top instead of the stupid just got out of bed look.
I was OK with Wolverine not short and stocky enough. For me , as a comic fan, it's a little strange, since I don't find the comics I know and loved in the shows anymore. It's only vague references. That's a general thing , though, and not limited to Legion.

My issues with this, and I am a huge Wolverine fan I own the first 100 or so of his solo comics, I own his first appearance in Hulk, I also have the 4 comic set that was his first solo mini series of sorts, etc, and think that while Marvel might say he is 5'3 and stocky he is pretty much never, ever drawn that way. They should just change his high in the canon height to being about 6 feet or so.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
My issues with this, and I am a huge Wolverine fan I own the first 100 or so of his solo comics, I own his first appearance in Hulk, I also have the 4 comic set that was his first solo mini series of sorts, etc, and think that while Marvel might say he is 5'3 and stocky he is pretty much never, ever drawn that way. They should just change his high in the canon height to being about 6 feet or so.

Didn't they do that for Ultimate X-Men?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Quickly becoming one of my favorite shows on TV. Really doesn't feel like a superhero show at all. The monster thing David has honestly scares the **** out of me.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
So I re-watched the first four episodes last night. I pretty much like-to-love every aspect of the show so far. Except Aubrey Plaza, whose acting is pretty terrible. (When I was re-watching it, I was actually looking to see if she's SUPPOSED to be terrible--because of weird **** going on in dude's head--but nope: she's just not good in this show. Then again, the material she's given to work with is the weakest part of the show, so I don't blame her!)

I've been reading a lot of critical backlash that is (essentially) all like, "What's with all of these premiere TV shows that think they're SOOOO SMART? How come every show these days has to be so flashy and confusing, all style over substance? Why can't we just have good simple shows any more?" And that kind of makes me furious, because 90% (unofficial calculation) of what's on TV is pure ****ing trash (a lot of which I genuinely enjoy!), but the A&E critical world is all up in arms because the other 10% dares to try something a little more challenging? There are plenty of legit complaints and nitpicks to make about this show or any other show, but I don't know. It's like, if you want simple television entertainment (which, again, I also love), I've got great news for you: the TV schedule is FULL of shows you'll enjoy. There are tons of shows for you. So please don't continuously gripe about the tiny minority of shows who reach for the gold ring and stumble along the way.

HeyMattyB

Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Also S1E4 is one of my favorite episodes of television in the last couple of years. Dude from Flight of the Concords performs the best dance I've seen on TV since the Man From Another Place did his little dance in Twin Peaks.

So it looks like the "bad guy" is going to be Mojo? About time he gets into the X-Men Movie verse. Maybe some versions of Spiral, Longshot, and Dazzler will show up.

Definitely LOOKS like Mojo, but I mentioned that to a friend and she said it might be more like the Shadow King (whom I am less familiar with). Either way, I think the series is taking the show in its own direction, so who knows?

HeyMattyB

Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The dreaded TRIPLE POST!

I can't get over how much I love the showdown in the bedroom between The Eye and Ptonomy at the end of E4. Poor Ptonomy. He knew he was outmatched and going to lose. It happens so quick but it's pretty emotionally brutal.

I even love the Feist song during that whole series of scenes. Also, I know it's super corny, but I love it when Kerry is kicking ass and Cary is doing his victory scream in the lab and then things go bad.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

I agree with that. Although some iterations draw him short, just not many. At this point more draw him as a guy of average height.

Habsfan22100

Jul 14, 2009
This show is absolutely nuts and I'm loving it. I thought episode 2 was a bit weak after what was an excellent premiere, but the show has been getting better and better since then. Definitely one of the weirdest shows on television.

HeyMattyB

Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm kind of surprised about how little love this show is getting here. I figured it would be right in the wheelhouse of those who enjoyed, say, Westworld and such. It scratches a similar itch for me. Plus, all the connections to Fargo (the show).

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I'm kind of surprised about how little love this show is getting here. I figured it would be right in the wheelhouse of those who enjoyed, say, Westworld and such. It scratches a similar itch for me. Plus, all the connections to Fargo (the show).

Agreed. Easily the best superhero show on TV, though that really isn't saying too much.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'll have to finish this when the season ends or something. Watched the first episode and never stuck with it.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
[spoil]The Shadow King would make so much sense, and I really like differences between David and the Other. Watching the Other's cocky smile, and then switching to David's devastated face when he finds out he was adopted...amazing show.[/spoil]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad