TV: Legion

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The show is outside the movie continuity I believe. This looks like a lot of fun. Legion is an interesting character when written well.

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
I was eh at first, but knowing Noah Hawley is running it made it jump up to being my 2nd most anticipated show after Westworld a few weeks back. Guess it would be my most anticipated show now.

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I wonder how inspired they were by Spurrier's X-Men: Legacy run? That was a great run that sort of settled with Legion issue in the comics, but spent a lot of time on him dealing with his multiple personalities(all of which have their own mutant powers that manifest through him).

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I never cared for the Legion character in the comics that much, part is probably the stupid hairdo. That said I will still check out the show and give it a shot but I have low expectations.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I was eh at first, but knowing Noah Hawley is running it made it jump up to being my 2nd most anticipated show after Westworld a few weeks back. Guess it would be my most anticipated show now.

Fargo has been so good, I am really anticipating this. The only problem I have with him running it, is he was forced to put off Fargo for a year.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Well that was pretty awesome, excited to see where they go with the show, it's a bit confusing but I really enjoyed it

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Legion is a tough character to bring to the screen. A lot of what he is is easier to depict in a comic. This is pretty good so far. I think they're doing a good enough job of keeping you guessing as to what is real and what isn't from his perspective.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I am unfamiliar with the Legion character. Reminds me of the game Killer 7 even though I know Legion was first.

I liked last night's episode even though I'm quite confused. I do like that the only trailer I watched basically only used footage from this episode.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
So it looks like the "bad guy" is going to be Mojo? About time he gets into the X-Men Movie verse. Maybe some versions of Spiral, Longshot, and Dazzler will show up.

For those not familiar with Legion, check out Uncanny X-Men 254-264 which was about 1989-90, the Muir Island Saga from 1991, and Legion Quest/Age of Apocalypse from 1995.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Would be cool to see his father at some point in the show.

Doubt they get McAvoy or Stewart but that would be cool. Also, I guess they're dropping the whole his Mom becomes PM of Israel thing and he's purely American kinda like Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch in Days Of The Future past?

Who is playing that silent Bob Dylan looking dude who is standing next to David? That guy is creepy.

kingsholygrail

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
So it looks like the "bad guy" is going to be Mojo? About time he gets into the X-Men Movie verse. Maybe some versions of Spiral, Longshot, and Dazzler will show up.

For those not familiar with Legion, check out Uncanny X-Men 254-264 which was about 1989-90, the Muir Island Saga from 1991, and Legion Quest/Age of Apocalypse from 1995.

[spoil]The yellow-eyed devil that has been appearing is just one of his malevolent personality splits. When he temporarily shifted positions with Syd, she was unable to handle his personalities, namely the yellow-eyed devil and he overwhelmed her psyche almost instantly. It's likely a reality warping split as well hence replacing the doors with walls and such.

I highly doubt they involve Mojo, at least this early. Some even speculate the yellow-eyed devil may actually be Shadow King.[/spoil]

Doubt they get McAvoy or Stewart but that would be cool. Also, I guess they're dropping the whole his Mom becomes PM of Israel thing and he's purely American kinda like Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch in Days Of The Future past?

Who is playing that silent Bob Dylan looking dude who is standing next to David? That guy is creepy.

MacKenzie Gray. He's being credited with 7 episodes on the show. Simply known as "The Eye."
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0336797/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

Last edited:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Is it purely coincidence they named her Syd Barrett? You know, cuz Syd Barrett was the schizophrenic that helped found Pink Floyd...

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Wow, what a captivating start to the series. So interesting, strange, and beautiful. Can't wait for more.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Is it purely coincidence they named her Syd Barrett? You know, cuz Syd Barrett was the schizophrenic that helped found Pink Floyd...

According to Wiki, she was actually named in honor of him (apparently Hawley listened to a lot of Pink Floyd while making the series).

I really liked the start to this series, didn't really feel like a typical Marvel/X-men type series. Hoping they can keep it up throughout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad