Legend.....Yours?

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
Patrick Roy, Theodore and of course Alex Kovalev for me.

The dynamic duo of Martin St.Louis and Vincent Lecavalier was amazing !
I'm a 90s kid so can't say too much about Lafleur and co except thank you of course!

Was a fan of Mike Richards too. Had his orange old fashioned jersey.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I grew up a fan of hockey, 83 born...by the time I could really appreciate the game the Habs were boring. So most of the legends I loved to watch were on other teams, even on rivals..
Sakic was my favorite player growing up, and then, how could you not like Bure, Jagr, Lemieux, Forsberg, Bourque, and the likes.

Forsberg was my favorite to watch, he was the complete package, never seen any other player be as dominant in every facet of the game. Incredible hands and playmaking abilities, super creative, awesome shot beit slap or wrist, extremely strong and physical, and to top it off very defensively responsible with excellent two way game.
He misses the entire season 01-02 season due to a spleen injury, comes back in the POs and finishes as the scoring leader. Unbelievable.
I still think he is only behind Lemieux-Gretzky as the GOATs.
Such a shame he only got to play 700ish games.

Honorable mention for the lesser skilled guys: Darius Kaspiritis and Matthew Barnaby. Those two were always fun to watch.

If you liked Kasparitis & Barnaby, John Ferguson Habs legendary enforcer took his job to the Nth degree, nobody screwed with the Habs when Gentle John was on the job LOL!!!...:arr::arr::arr:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The 1976 Team Canada will always be the finest collection of NHL Canadian players/coaches ever assembled in my mind. Gilbert Perreault was injured and Marcel Dionne was replaced at center, the original line had Gilbert Perreault @ Center - Bobby Hull(Golden Jet @ Left wing & Guy Lafleur as the Right Wing. This line had incredible chemistry, they were deemed the Dream Line and completely lived up to their name. All three were capable of playing each position, they cycled the puck like no others before them, absolutely a dream to watch their abilities to keep the puck moving and away from the opposition.:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Lafleur will always be my favorite player.

Funny anecdote.

I spent a year in Belgium when I was 12 year old. This was when it was basically impossible to watch the NHL in Europe. My uncle was recording some games on audio cassettes and was mailing them to me.

I must have listened to the same Guy Lafleur goal 200 times :) I remember Shutt had the primary assist.

Never actually saw the damn goal but in my mind it was spectacular :)

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The 1976 Team Canada will always be the finest collection of NHL Canadian players/coaches ever assembled in my mind. Gilbert Perreault was injured and Marcel Dionne was replaced at center, the original line had Gilbert Perreault @ Center - Bobby Hull(Golden Jet @ Left wing & Guy Lafleur as the Right Wing. This line had incredible chemistry, they were deemed the Dream Line and completely lived up to their name. All three were capable of playing each position, they cycled the puck like no others before them, absolutely a dream to watch their abilities to keep the puck moving and away from the opposition.:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Reactions: S Bah

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
This guy

yakushevspartak2-2.jpg

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I can't believe that Patrick Traverse wasn't named one single time ...

patrick-traverse-nhl-jpg.340375
Yep, Traverse.
I believe he stopped a puck mid air going into the net from in close, with his stick.
I do remember him clearing the puck from near the goal line a few times.
What about his fighting skills?

Better

Last edited:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Théodore had the biggest influence on me while I was growing up, that one year where he was absolutely dominant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad