Legend.....Yours?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I am a Habs fan since i was 6-7 years old ( 1966-67 ) and saw many Habs Cups . There have been so many great CH players during a 35 seasons run . Curiously , the players i have enjoyed the most weren't players from Habs :laugh:.

There are players that i would have liked so much in a Habs jersey ; Gretzky, M. Lemieux, P. Coffey, R. Bourque, P. Stasny, M. Sundin, G. Perreault , P. Forsberg .

Sometime players are a real franchise players but i don't like their style of game ; Lafleur, Crosby, Hull, Subban :laugh:... Sometime you just enjoy the way a player plays the game ; Kovalev, Turgeon , Markov , Kate, Suzuki :naughty:, Ribeiro :laugh:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I grew up a fan of hockey, 83 born...by the time I could really appreciate the game the Habs were boring. So most of the legends I loved to watch were on other teams, even on rivals..
Sakic was my favorite player growing up, and then, how could you not like Bure, Jagr, Lemieux, Forsberg, Bourque, and the likes.

Forsberg was my favorite to watch, he was the complete package, never seen any other player be as dominant in every facet of the game. Incredible hands and playmaking abilities, super creative, awesome shot beit slap or wrist, extremely strong and physical, and to top it off very defensively responsible with excellent two way game.
He misses the entire season 01-02 season due to a spleen injury, comes back in the POs and finishes as the scoring leader. Unbelievable.
I still think he is only behind Lemieux-Gretzky as the GOATs.
Such a shame he only got to play 700ish games.

Honorable mention for the lesser skilled guys: Darius Kaspiritis and Matthew Barnaby. Those two were always fun to watch.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I grew up a fan of hockey, 83 born...by the time I could really appreciate the game the Habs were boring. So most of the legends I loved to watch were on other teams, even on rivals..
Sakic was my favorite player growing up, and then, how could you not like Bure, Jagr, Lemieux, Forsberg, Bourque, and the likes.

Forsberg was my favorite to watch, he was the complete package, never seen any other player be as dominant in every facet of the game. Incredible hands and playmaking abilities, super creative, awesome shot beit slap or wrist, extremely strong and physical, and to top it off very defensively responsible with excellent two way game.
He misses the entire season 01-02 season due to a spleen injury, comes back in the POs and finishes as the scoring leader. Unbelievable.
I still think he is only behind Lemieux-Gretzky as the GOATs.
Such a shame he only got to play 700ish games.

Honorable mention for the lesser skilled guys: Darius Kaspiritis and Matthew Barnaby. Those two were always fun to watch.

Yea Forsberg may have been the most incredible hockey machine I have ever seen. He had it all, there's nothing he could not do. I was damn jealous of the Avs back then, what great teams they had with an incredible duo of Sakic and Forsberg, two of them game breakers too.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Early ones: Jean Béliveau, John Ferguson, Jacques Plante, Bobby Hull
Later: Guy Lafleur, Larry Robinson, Bob Gainey, Börje Salming, Mario Lemieux, Vladislav Tretiak
More recent: Jaromir Jagr, Jarome Iginla

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Peter Forsburg and Saku Koivu, I admired the way both played the game. Big Larry was great as well, and I had a real soft spot for Lyle Odelein.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
You could go into the playoffs and even if you had a bunch of scrubs. With Saku Koivu in you roster, you knew you still had a legit chance to win.

Same thing with Alexei Kovalev, when he was on nobody could defeat him.

Soft spot for my day 1 Jaroslav Halak..

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
My favourite player of all-time was Larry Robinson. I also loved many of the other all-time greats.

My favourite of all the players who did not have their number retired was Bobby Smith. I can't really say why because it is just an emotional attachment thing. Trying to think - perhaps it's because I liked how he attacked the opposing blue line with the puck and he could both score and pass. And I'm tall too.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
There were so many great players when I first started watching. But considering we grew up together, I'd have to go with Le Démon Blond.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yea Forsberg may have been the most incredible hockey machine I have ever seen. He had it all, there's nothing he could not do. I was damn jealous of the Avs back then, what great teams they had with an incredible duo of Sakic and Forsberg, two of them game breakers too.
They had an all-star team. Detroit too. We will never see teams like this again with the way the NHL is going.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
my 2nd top Hab

Larry R great d man, took nothing from nobody
He tamed the flyers, when they said they would run Guy L out of the rink....lol

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I am a Habs fan since i was 6-7 years old ( 1966-67 ) and saw many Habs Cups . There have been so many great CH players during a 35 seasons run . Curiously , the players i have enjoyed the most weren't players from Habs :laugh:.

There are players that i would have liked so much in a Habs jersey ; Gretzky, M. Lemieux, P. Coffey, R. Bourque, P. Stasny, M. Sundin, G. Perreault , P. Forsberg .

Sometime players are a real franchise players but i don't like their style of game ; Lafleur, Crosby, Hull, Subban :laugh:... Sometime you just enjoy the way a player plays the game ; Kovalev, Turgeon , Markov , Kate, Suzuki :naughty:, Ribeiro :laugh:

My guy, how could you forget Rene Bourque? :sarcasm:

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I love defiance. Gallagher being a very good example of a player who embodies that night in night out. What gets me out of my seat though, are moments when highly skilled players are defiant. Not trying to deke every time they have the puck, but someone who can produce some ''wow'' moments on a regular basis. I'm not going to lie guys, its been a while but I see that kid Suzuki and I see hope. there were a couple of passes, one he cut back instead of shooting (forgot in which particular game)... it was elite vision and skill. Making the goalie come out, making everyone in the building think he was going to shoot then pass it to a guy that MUST has been in a blind spot... damn.

you spank the bruins with a lesser team and then you rub salt on that wound, and you don't stop, you don't fall back, no. You make them beg for the game to be over.

so all that to say that for me, its moments, not players.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
i find him with the Habs jersey :laugh:

Tony-Esposito-Montreal-Canadiens.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad