News Article: Legalization of tailgating in Ontario

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
What is it with this government being really interested in a more drunk population? Oh, right, gotta kill those brain cells so the people will believe all the other garbage claims. :P

I guess this will especially appeal to the suburban hicks though.

I just don't see this as a priority whatsoever. Was anyone really that upset with the previous rules? How many more drunken fist fights or drunk driving incidents are these changes going to result in?

It is total stupidity. I believe this was released now to take our minds off the other political decisions (schooling cuts) made recently.

I can't see tailgating being anything big in Ontario, other than maybe CFL (but already they are avoiding it to stop concession losses)

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
We used to tailgate in the playoffs at CTC back in the early 2000's, I don't think it was ever legal, but the cops would always let us do it and just mention not to get too rowdy. Then one year they completely shut it down and opened the "red zone".

I can't see them abondoning that and letting us tailgate the way you see in the US.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Okay, let's drop the teacher debate.

Tailgating is fine and should be allowed. I've done it before at CTC and it was fun. We had a minor hockey team play a game before a regular Sens game (think we played at 4 p.m. maybe?). Everyone gathered around a couple of trucks in the parking lots and we cooked the kids some hotdogs and burgers and the adults had some adult pops. Nothing crazy and nobody bugged us. I can see that being a great atmosphere builder in the Fall and especially for playoff games, but in the middle of February, yeah I'll pass. Lol

ksens

Mar 8, 2006
I wouldn't suggest tailgating during minor hockey games though, legal or not,maybe we hear more over the coming days.

Lol, have you been to a minor hockey game recently? My kid has been in competitive hockey (and lacrosse) for many years and I have seen a lot of beers crushed and food consumed in parking lots.

Reactions: slamigo

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Lol, have you been to a minor hockey game recently? My kid has been in competitive hockey (and lacrosse) for many years and I have seen a lot of beers crushed and food consumed in parking lots.
When my son played it got a little much, the clique mentality was most annoying....

I loved the outdoor rink game when I was younger,it was far more pure...Kids playing for fun,and trying to hose their buddies with sweetest of dekes we could dream of ,or ones we saw the greats pull off on HNIC

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
I have for my nephew, i guess i'm referring to when kids are playing not the teams with 15-18 year olds.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
We used to tailgate in the playoffs at CTC back in the early 2000's, I don't think it was ever legal, but the cops would always let us do it and just mention not to get too rowdy. Then one year they completely shut it down and opened the "red zone".

I can't see them abondoning that and letting us tailgate the way you see in the US.

All I know is that if you can't bring a BBQ and a case of beer it is not US tail gating plain and simple.

Love going to nfl games.

Life pro tip: don't try to bring meat tanks across the border. Just buy it there.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
All I know is that if you can't bring a BBQ and a case of beer it is not US tail gating plain and simple.

Love going to nfl games.

Life pro tip: don't try to bring meat tanks across the border. Just buy it there.

Yeah I don't see it ever becoming the way it is at NFL games. The teams won't want to give up their beer gardens.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah I don't see it ever becoming the way it is at NFL games. The teams won't want to give up their beer gardens.

Well tbh it would be like if sens had a game Saturday at 7 pm everyone would show up between noon and 4 and drink and bbq then go in later.

That would be sweet.

I don't go into the beer garden now so This is interesting.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Ah. So then literally nothing is going to change then. Got it.

No major landowner is going to rish having their liability insurance skyrocket without somehow financially benefitting from it to offset the potential for disaster.

Yup. Especially if they're not the ones selling the beer.

Example: my condo doesn't allow drinking on the big common terrace with is set up with barbeques and picnic tables because insurance.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Ah. So then literally nothing is going to change then. Got it.

No major landowner is going to rish having their liability insurance skyrocket without somehow financially benefitting from it to offset the potential for disaster.

Tbh arena parking for tail gating is not cheap. I think it was 30ish in buffalo and theres probably thousands of spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad