News Article: Legalization of tailgating in Ontario

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Adds a cool element for the playoffs. Not sure it really affects this team/market otherwise though, as not very many people will be lining up to tailgate in January.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Adds a cool element for the playoffs. Not sure it really affects this team/market otherwise though, as not very many people will be lining up to tailgate in January.

I'd imagine the current provincial gov will long be out and perhaps the policy reversed before Eugene sells so playoff tailgating sadly won't be relevant here for the foreseeable future, allthough we can tailgate the assured draft lotteries for years to come! Great news for Leaf fans, that team has the resources and knowledge on how to take advantage of this news I'm guessing.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Yeah cant see many in a blizzard ,at -30 standing out there drinking beer

Are you saying Canadians arent as passionate about hockey as Green Bay residents are for foozeball? Because they are out there sunrise to sunset tailgaiting in blizzards haha. And thats just one example.

I for one think its a great game day experience to have tailgaiting, especially if your team is actually good and playing into the warmer months. I've tailgated twice...once for an Indy Colts game, and to a lesser extent for a UNLV football game. Its super fun.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Are you saying Canadians arent as passionate about hockey as Green Bay residents are for foozeball? Because they are out there sunrise to sunset tailgaiting in blizzards haha. And thats just one example.

I for one think its a great game day experience to have tailgaiting, especially if your team is actually good and playing into the warmer months. I've tailgated twice...once for an Indy Colts game, and to a lesser extent for a UNLV football game. Its super fun.
Hey man if you are in I have the pickup ......And we wont need ice for the cooler..lol

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Anyone know the details of the law? Is this like parking lot drinking, sport parking lot drinking, or only professional sport parking lot drinking?

Like does this include only sens games? What about 67s? What about junior? What about minor hockey? Does anyone have the wording of the law?

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Anyone know the details of the law? Is this like parking lot drinking, sport parking lot drinking, or only professional sport parking lot drinking?

Like does this include only sens games? What about 67s? What about junior? What about minor hockey? Does anyone have the wording of the law?
Have you read the article?

-The amendment (to Ontario regulation 389/91) legalizing tailgating will come down when the Ontario government releases its budget on Thursday.

"Fans will be able to bring their own booze to games and sit beside their parked vehicle and drink and BBQ their own food — just like they do at professional and college games in the U.S."

I wouldn't suggest tailgating during minor hockey games though, legal or not,maybe we hear more over the coming days.

Reactions: derriko

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Have you read the article?

-The amendment (to Ontario regulation 389/91) legalizing tailgating will come down when the Ontario government releases its budget on Thursday.

"Fans will be able to bring their own booze to games and sit beside their parked vehicle and drink and BBQ their own food — just like they do at professional and college games in the U.S."

I wouldn't suggest tailgating during minor hockey games though, legal or not,maybe we hear more over the coming days.

Well that's just what I'm wondering. Where do they draw the line? "Games" is very vague. Does it apply to your local bowling alley or bingo hall?

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
LOL, it was illegal? I wouldn’t of thought it mattered... like drinking out of a plastic cup in a provincial park on the May long weekend.

Reactions: topshelf15

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Well i guess that's one advantage CTC will have over LeBreton - no parking at LeBreton. Maybe the Bluesfest park will open for it if the Sens ever move there. Redblacks games could get interesting. Cant imagine the restaurants in the area will be too pleased though

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Was trying to figure out the specifics but I think this is an amendment to the special occasions permit regulations.

So I think it's only for sporting events that have a license already and the landowners have an option to run their own beer tents instead.

Toronto teams at the ACC or whatever its called now are probably out of luck since I don't think they actually have public parking lots for that venue? It's all privately owned parking garages.

BMO field is a different story, and the Marlies could probably take advantage in the playoffs.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Was trying to figure out the specifics but I think this is an amendment to the special occasions permit regulations.

So I think it's only for sporting events that have a license already and the landowners have an option to run their own beer tents instead.

Toronto teams at the ACC or whatever its called now are probably out of luck since I don't think they actually have public parking lots for that venue? It's all privately owned parking garages.

BMO field is a different story, and the Marlies could probably take advantage in the playoffs.

The had some tailgating here last summer in the parking lots near ontario place. Argos -Argos to introduce lower ticket prices and nix parking lot tailgating - Sportsnet.ca

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
What is it with this government being really interested in a more drunk population? Oh, right, gotta kill those brain cells so the people will believe all the other garbage claims. :P

I guess this will especially appeal to the suburban hicks though.

I just don't see this as a priority whatsoever. Was anyone really that upset with the previous rules? How many more drunken fist fights or drunk driving incidents are these changes going to result in?

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Awesome. Not sure if we’re allowed to do that in BC, specifically Vancouver, but I doubt it. This city is a great place to live but a lot of the bylaws really take the wind out of it’s sails. Good for you guys. Will be fun when I visit next playoff run :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->