LEGAL Streaming Options for October 8 and beyond.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
It says "All 82 games (29 of these will require a SN TV subscription with a participating TV provider* from January 1, 2015)"

So does this mean , If I bought GCL I'll get 53 games 100% no blackout Habs then the other 29 will be blacked out? because I don't have a SNet subscription?? Thanks

Possible. But don't quote me on this. The best thing to do is call Rogers and hope for a competent, knowledgeable CSR.

maci4life

Jan 17, 2005
Toronto, Canada
It is confusing for sure, and "subject to change." As it is okay to discuss people having VPNs on their computers then you could look into that as a fairly simple solution, it has worked in the past and is working this season.

theoretically if you already had an ip masking service to protect your anonymity such as

https://accounts.usaccess.ca/plugin/order/main/index/****** ( the *** part says ****** btw. ok wtf R3DD1T is blocked? you get the picture )

which, when using the link, only charges you 20 dollars for the whole year, then technically speaking, that IP masking may accidentally confuse GCL into thinking you're from another region and allow you to watch your favourite team. ;)

Blackouts are nothing more than extortionist practices that support the exclusive rights of the team or distributor of the production.

yes, the FCC has now officially removed their laws in not supporting black outs, but they have not gone as far as forcing the NFL to abide by it. NFL would like to you think of the children and poor kittens if they were forced to remove their blackouts.

Max et Guillaume

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
Anyone else using GCL on Xbox One? I live in BC and the French stream works on my laptop, and all 3 streams (WAS, SN360 and RDS) work great.

However, on the Xbox, the French stream is not working and the other streams constantly switch to low res (and I mean LOW res) for no apparent reason... I know my network is rock solid, and tests with Netflix show no blip streaming 4800kbps content...

When is does stream HD, it becomes incredibly choppy after 30 seconds or so. Again network wise, Netflix works fine and I use Plex to stream 1080p content with no problem whatsoever...

Any idea why this is happening? Anyone else seeing similar issues?

GuyGuyGuy

Aug 29, 2014
The problem with the stream is, even if it achieves full hd bandwidth of 4500 mbps, the frame rate is probably 15 frames/second (rather than 30).

The result during fast motion is choppiness, almost making one dizzy. There is no substitute yet for HDTV TV

GuyGuyGuy

Aug 29, 2014
Anyone else using GCL on Xbox One? I live in BC and the French stream works on my laptop, and all 3 streams (WAS, SN360 and RDS) work great.

However, on the Xbox, the French stream is not working and the other streams constantly switch to low res (and I mean LOW res) for no apparent reason... I know my network is rock solid, and tests with Netflix show no blip streaming 4800kbps content...

When is does stream HD, it becomes incredibly choppy after 30 seconds or so. Again network wise, Netflix works fine and I use Plex to stream 1080p content with no problem whatsoever...

Any idea why this is happening? Anyone else seeing similar issues?

There is an issue with Flash player having a big enough cache allowed/enabled.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Heard elsewhere GCL streams at a low frame rate is that the issue with choppiness? And what's up with Flash Player and how to check or optimize that?

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
I doubt GCL always streams at 15 as video is fine, it simply drops randomly. Also, the French stream is still not available...

I heard 30fps but not expert on this. I have been able to watch French-language broadcasts for all Habs games so far on GCL, accessing this option is different from last year -- you have to select it from the menu on the hovering control thing in the lower middle of the screen.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I'm trying to watch it on SN360 on the SportsnetNow App but it says that the video is unavailable. Is anyone getting it through the SNNow app? I can watch the baseball game on SN1 but no go with SN360.

Edit: Nevermind, it's suddenly started working.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I've been blacked out on TV once (Tampa), but Gamecentre hasn't blacked out a thing. Not a single game. Loving it.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
not on gcl????
It was on GCL.

The Habs stream had some difficulties at the beginning and ended up being far behind. The Boston feed was fine though. Not sure if the MTL GCL feed caught up eventually or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad