Speculation: Left Side Defenseman

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
When we signed John Nyberg to the 3 Year ELC last week Fan Sided Dallas thought it was to replace Johns, who, according to rumors I have heard from supposed insiders, will be exposed in the ED. Same size, left shot, etc. Not sure why they thought he would be NHL ready this year, but that was their take. Also heard good things about Gavin Bayreuther. However, doubt either, if ready, debuts on the top pair.

I doubt they protect Hammer. And, I doubt LV would take him. I also doubt they pair him with Klinger, if for no other reason than Klingberg will need to learn a new partner again in another year. Long term thinking prevails. And, they still believe in Esa, even if some here don't and prefer an outside replacement.

That said, I am not excited about the UFA available for D. A real upgrade will take a blockbuster trade, which is potentially more doable this year with some of the potentially exposed players in the ED.

We are in the same position we have been for years.....we need to find a true No. 1 D. Only difference is, we may be able to, in the draft, but he won't be ready for a year or more if Nill does the typical and brings him along slowly.

Think Nill will stick with the kiddie corps, and hope Hitch helps. Bishop alone should lower the GAA 0.25 goals. Better system, normal improvement another 0.25 to get our GAA under 2.5-2.6 or so. Then, pick up a UFA forward to raise our goals for average above 2.75.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Protect Esa while simultaneously trying to trade him for a better (but moderately older and more expensive) defenseman.

I fully believe his trade value exceeds his actual on ice value; not a massive amount of talent, but he's got a nice resume for a 23 year old.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
I'd absolutely trade Lindell in a package for a better young defenseman. I like him, but he doesn't belong in the same realm as Klingberg and Honka.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I've been wanting to acquire Orlov ever since the 2011 World Juniors. Now he's established himself and that makes it a lot tougher. But, if CSKA can negotiate his price tag up out of the Caps range, I'd want to take one last stab at him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad