Post-Game Talk: left over New York Cheesecake vs Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
For as much as 25% of the season (and counting) Bura has done nothing. We lacked Wilson then 92/77 and Bura's contribution would be very nice, but he did't show up at all. I think that's a death sentence. Just cut him one way or another and build the needed type of bottom-6 without him.
Cut Bura? What are you talking about? He’s still way better than Dowd, etc.

He has struggled - but he’s a skill player who has talent and is a no doubt nhl player. Bottom 6 scoring is a bonus and he’s still got the most offensive talent of anyone on the bottom 6.

I agree his time is running out though - but he will still worst case be a guy who scores 30 ES points this year.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Good way to start a Sunday morning (yep, welcome to Australia). Start watching the 2nd at 6 AM, hmm expected the Caps to be down more than this on a back to back - then 3 unanswered goals in 10 mins and they've got the lead ;)

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
If that happened caps probably never have money for Wilson, the Carlson extension, or maybe a Oahu’s extension, etc.

Bura can still be fine - he’s still young and has already had huge goals.

Plus, we won the Cup. Everything has worked out GREAT!!!! :)

TWO, two huge goals, in the same game, his only goals of the playoffs.

And yep everything worked and it was awesome but stagnation is death, sadly, because I had really hoped he would develop into a legit top six guy, it is time to walk away from Burakovsky.

Cut Bura? What are you talking about? He’s still way better than Dowd, etc.

Not at 3.25 he isn't.

Reactions: chilimac

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Good way to start a Sunday morning (yep, welcome to Australia). Start watching the 2nd at 6 AM, hmm expected the Caps to be down more than this on a back to back - then 3 unanswered goals in 10 mins and they've got the lead ;)
Why is everyone bringing up that we are playing a back to back?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Because it IS a back to back? And the Caps haven't played well in those. And the Rangers lost y/day and have won 9 of their last 12?
So if the Caps lost this game I don't think anybody could say "ooh I didn't expect that".
There are 21 teams playing the 2nd of back to backs today.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Cutting Bura now provides a lot of cap space at deadline.
Also it provides a roster slot. Maybe for competent PK player, maybe for someone else.
It's an option, and he plays himself into that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad