Confirmed with Link: Leddy to STL

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This is a nice return. Sundqvist works hard, and should fit in with the Swedes, especially considering more are coming. He's a decent depth guy, and he shoots right which is a bonus.

I have a feeling Walman and Juolevi are kinda auditioning for next season. I can't see both being on the Wings next year...

Solid trade, I'm happy with the return.
I see both of them as backup plan in case Edvinsson isn't ready and Stevie strikes out in free agency. I'm betting Staal gets re-signed too.

If Edvinsson isn't ready, we might be looking at Staal, Oesterle, Walman, and Juolevi filling 2 if not 3 spots. That's ugly...

I would offer Goglioski or Gio 1 yr x $6M contract just so I don;t have to watch a complete dumpster fire LHD corps.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I can’t believe you all actually engage with that poster. Really really annoying that you’re all responding to him. He needs to give it a rest but so do all of you

Let’s just mass ignore the guy and move on please. It makes this board a joke

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
If the initial Leddy trade was bad then this was a robbery. In the end I'd rather have Raty, but when you make a mistake, you make moves to recover from that mistake,. (Life lesson there pal) This makes the best out of a bad situation, it's a solid win.

Maybe Stevie finds someone better than Raty with the second, who knows....
Not only that who says the Wings even take Raty theres really no point in bringing him up at all lol

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Wings getting younger by adding these two guys. Not sure if they are any good, but since STL fans are pissed, I guess I'm happy.

Correct me if I am wrong, this draft is deeper than last season's draft... especially in the 2nd round?

Reactions: Tatartots

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
This is a good return for Leddy. A very good return.
Doesn't change that I still dislike the original trade with the Islanders, but that's in the rear view mirror. As of today, this is a very solid return.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Cost us the chance to draft a bust, too. What do you think the chances were to draft a good center with the pick given up for Leddy?

Do you think that losing that second increased the rebuild time by a month? A year? Two years? Three years?

Four years?

Five?
Just about 2 min and 35 seconds.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Congrats Wings fans. If we just keep giving you players like Fabbri and Sundqvist in exchange for trash vets, Doug Armstrong will end your rebuild in no time. He sure does love helping you guys.
I wouldn't say all of us are super thrilled with Fabbri and he wasn't going to do much in STL anyways. But relatively speaking I get your point.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I wouldn't say all of us are super thrilled with Fabbri and he wasn't going to do much in STL anyways. But relatively speaking I get your point.
When you consider we gave them Jacob de la Rose, Fabbri looks pretty good. He takes some dumb penalties and needs to improve defensively, but he's also 4th in goals behind Raymond and 5th in points.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Shocker. You can't read (or you're just making things up)
I think it's a decent deal. I'm just flabbergasted to see people calling it a steal.

If you're flabbergasted at fans calling what you describe as a decent deal, a steal, then you're flabbergasted easily.
It's the trade deadline and people get hype, Leddy was hot garbage all season and people were acting like we wouldn't even get a 2nd rounder for him. We got a 2nd +.

Is it overreaction to call this trade a steal? Yeah, probably. But if it flabbergasts you then you don't comprehend human nature.

Try thinking critically about it, you'll be less flabbergasted.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

burbankmarc

Oct 17, 2014
If you're flabbergasted at fans calling what you describe as a decent deal, a steal, then you're flabbergasted easily.
It's the trade deadline and people get hype, Leddy was hot garbage all season and people were acting like we wouldn't even get a 2nd rounder for him. We got a 2nd +.

Is it overreaction to call this trade a steal? Yeah, probably. But if it flabbergasts you then you don't comprehend human nature.

Try thinking critically about it, you'll be less flabbergasted.

I'm gobsmacked by your rigid definition of flabbergast.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
When you consider we gave them Jacob de la Rose, Fabbri looks pretty good. He takes some dumb penalties and needs to improve defensively, but he's also 4th in goals behind Raymond and 5th in points.
I'm a picky beggar. Let me live.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hossa? What about all of us unhappy with the trade of Marcel Dionne?
In all honesty, I'm still pissed off by the Gartner trade but that was my childhood team.

If anything I wished he had won a Cup but he got screwed over by Mike Keenan.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah. Sundqvist, just like Fabbri, has major injury issues and probably won’t have a long career. But when healthy, he is effective.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Everything is out of control.
Critical thinking is dead.
That's a tremendous deal for Detroit what are you thinking. Sundqvist
is a legit top 3C center for Detroit and Walman will be a top 6 D.
That deal isn't good for STL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad