Confirmed with Link: Leddy to STL

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
He's on a much better team being asked to do less with more. I can't say if he appeared disinterested or not or, if so, I can NOT single him out from the rest of the group. I mean did you see that late game?!?!? The Rangers game?!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
He's on a much better team being asked to do less with more. I can't say if he appeared disinterested or not or, if so, I can single him out from the rest of the group. I mean did you see that lat game?!?!? The Rangers game?!
Single him out? Maybe not, as there are certainly some other players on the roster who should probably pack their bags soon. But asking him to not be that way is also not an impossibly high bar. Compare Leddy to a fellow veteran like Staal, or Namestnikov. Here are three guys brought in to fill respective roles commensurate with their talent and career track record. Leddy appeared disinterested and utterly failed at his job. Staal and Namestnikov clearly bought all in and have done/did well.

Some guys are going to have a harder time than others playing for a cellar dweller. But as long as there are Marc Staals and Vlad Namestnikovs out there, I feel comfortable throwing shade at Nick Leddy for sucking the way he did.

Last edited:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Single him out? Maybe not, as there are certainly some other players on the roster who should probably pack their bags soon. But asking him to not be that way is also not an impossibly high bar. Compare Leddy to a fellow veteran like Staal, or Namestnikov. Here are three guys brought in to fill respective roles commensurate with their talent and career track record. Leddy appeared disinterested and utterly failed at his job. Staal and Namestnikov clearly bought all in and have done/did well.

Some guys are going to have a harder time than others playing for a cellar dweller. But as long as there are Marc Staals and Vlad Namestnikovs out there, I feel comfortable throwing shade at Nick Leddy for sucking the way he did.
Leddy is doing very good with Blues.
I am not angry at him. He is a good player, but he is not a good player who makes other players around him good.
Staal and Namestikov embraced and liked their roles.
I wish Leddy all the best.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

I don't know, I never felt he seemed lazy or disinterested. To me, it simply wasn't a good fit, playing with Hronek all year, which hurts both players as both of them should be playing all year with defensive minded partners. To me, Leddy is a complimentary Top 4, not a lead top 4 guy. So as long as you have a good partner to pair him with, he will be pretty good. I also feel the same about Hronek, with a solid D partner he will be a fine 20-22 minute a night guy. Right now, he is simply asked to play too important a role to look good.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Leddy is doing very good with Blues.
I am not angry at him. He is a good player, but he is not a good player who makes other players around him good.
Staal and Namestikov embraced and liked their roles.
I wish Leddy all the best.
I'm not angry with him either, I just think less of him than I do Staal and Namestnikov :cheers: And while I don't with him failure, I also don't wish him.... anything, really. Don't care. He didn't represent the winged wheel well, so he's forgettable for me.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I don't know, I never felt he seemed lazy or disinterested. To me, it simply wasn't a good fit, playing with Hronek all year, which hurts both players as both of them should be playing all year with defensive minded partners. To me, Leddy is a complimentary Top 4, not a lead top 4 guy. So as long as you have a good partner to pair him with, he will be pretty good. I also feel the same about Hronek, with a solid D partner he will be a fine 20-22 minute a night guy. Right now, he is simply asked to play too important a role to look good.
For me, he was tolerable, because we needed a top-4 guy at the time, and this team wasn't going anywhere. I'm actually ok with the initial trade to get him, based on those factors. Not all trades work out though. This one did partially, only because of what we got in return. Otherwise, the dude cratered here. I think that was partly because of who he had to play with, but also partly because of his effort level. He at times seemed lazy to me, especially on plays he gave up on, leading to goals against.

Not every player on your roster is going to be a gamer with a high compete level. But I think there is a threshold there for veterans in particular, and Leddy utterly failed to meet it in my eyes.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007

meant can NOT single him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad