Confirmed with Link: Leddy for Panik (50% retained) and a 2nd

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
True. Can't afford him though, between Makar/Grubauer and this Landy Saga :( we're tight against the cap as it is.

Suter would be a great add though, not sure if there's been any rumours of him coming to The Island but I'd love it. Still need to add some more offense upfront though IMO. Maybe buy low on Kuzy? Trotz did get the best out of him.

Parise and Suter in UFA would really set this team up. Maybe do an Eberle-Tarasenko swap. Isles would be ready to roll.

Also, I wanted to ask you something about Colorado's defense. Does it worry you that Makar, Girard, Toews, Byram are all average to undersized PMD's known more for their play in the offensive zone? They'll put up points and kill it in the regular season, but the playoffs are another story. I see no Pelech or even a Pulock type that can play that rugged game in the playoffs. Even a Mayfield who elevates his game when it matters. I think that's a major problem.

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
Good trade for the Isles. Leddy was a good player for us for many years but this deal needed to be done. Two 2nds now to help deal contracts or to draft. Panik isn’t a bad bottom six player but I don’t see where he fits in, wouldn’t be surprised if he works his way to Seattle.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I've been a Panik fan since he was on the Bolts. Not for any certain great skill, mostly because I have always been a fan of Slovak players.

He's had some flashes of being decent, but seems to have struggled more than not. Hoping he finds his way on the team and does well.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If Greene is signed it better be for $1mil or less. And no bonus BS

Just told my brother I want him brought back, for league minimum and no bonuses. Lamoriello did him a favor last season, time for him to return it. I'm not sure it will be Greene, but if it is and he's exposed, no chance Seattle takes him because he's a legitimate threat to just say "f*** it" and retire.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Side question, looking at cap friendly recently it looks like guys like Hickey are getting 1.125M buried now (counts 1.375M on cap forces 2.5M AAV), wasnt it like 1.05M previously? Did the amount that you can bury go up $75K or maybe I am just misremembering? Small but every bit counts if that is 150K extra for Ladd and Hickey if buried

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Just told my brother I want him brought back, for league minimum and no bonuses. Lamoriello did him a favor last season, time for him to return it. I'm not sure it will be Greene, but if it is and he's exposed, no chance Seattle takes him because he's a legitimate threat to just say "f*** it" and retire.

He’s a legitimate threat because Lou told him to do that if Seattle takes him.

Lou then tells Francis he heard from Greene that he’ll retire if you take him.

upload_2021-7-16_20-47-59.jpeg

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Just want to say thank you to Leddy. I know a lot are celebrating this deal because we didn't want to lose him for nothing, but Nick came to the Isles when it sucked to be here and decided to stay. Respect to him for that and also going about his job like a professional, being nothing but a team player, and also being very good player for years.

I've been dying to move beyond the snow years and have this team look new, but it's bittersweet when you really like the player leaving.

Also sad in that he went from a Cup contender to a bottom-dweller...And in a less desirable city.

Only the best to Nick. Thank you.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Parise and Suter in UFA would really set this team up. Maybe do an Eberle-Tarasenko swap. Isles would be ready to roll.

Also, I wanted to ask you something about Colorado's defense. Does it worry you that Makar, Girard, Toews, Byram are all average to undersized PMD's known more for their play in the offensive zone? They'll put up points and kill it in the regular season, but the playoffs are another story. I see no Pelech or even a Pulock type that can play that rugged game in the playoffs. Even a Mayfield who elevates his game when it matters. I think that's a major problem.

A little bit, I do miss Zadorov for that reason (even though he has the IQ of a fence post) but Makar is quite underrated in his physicality, he can more than hold his own. That also isn't his something he should be engaging in too much though.

Out of the rest Girard worries me the most, as he's by far the smallest. But they're all still so young (less so Toews) that they have plenty of time to learn and adapt. Most defensemen Makar/Girard/Byram's age are just starting to really enter the NHL, not playing key roles on cup contenders. Byram also has a real nastiness to his game that the rest of the league should start to see as he continues to develop.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yup. Dobson is now the undisputed #1PPQB next season, big development for him.

I don't believe that's true as Dobson has lots of work to do on his game, but the fact you are even suggesting it with Pulock being on this team says more about him....And It's kinda embarrassing.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Kinda sad to see Leddy go, but this return was better than I think anyone could imagine. People were ready to give him up for literally nothing or even give up additional assets to get rid of him. We just got a mid second round pick and Panik at half salary retained. Panik is nothing special but he can definitely pop in a dozen goals and 25-30 points and is a huge upgrade on Komarov if we can somehow dump his salary as well. Panik had as many as 14 and 22 goals just 3 and 4 years ago respectively. Lou did good here, real good.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I don't believe that's true as Dobson has lots of work to do on his game, but the fact you are even suggesting it with Pulock being on this team says more about him....And It's kinda embarrassing.

Pulock does not possess the skills to QB the PP. As much as it might pain some to read that it is true. He has a shot and that is about it for running the PP. Fantastic on defense but his offensive game never developed in the way we all thought. You can almost argue the way he developed is just perfect though.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Pulock does not possess the skills to QB the PP. As much as it might pain some to read that it is true. He has a shot and that is about it for running the PP. Fantastic on defense but his offensive game never developed in the way we all thought. You can almost argue the way he developed is just perfect though.

Pulock is a triggerman, nothing wrong with that when you have the cannon he does. Just wish he got it on net more.

Dobson's defensive game will be a work in progress for a couple of years, but he should shine on the PP next year with his skillset. Hopefully we see the confident version of him because he'll do some damage.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
Crazy to think we drafted him as an offensive defensemen...he couldn't get out of Bridgeport because of his below average defense. Now we have a guy that is at best average offensively, who is a brilliant defender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad