Confirmed with Link: Leddy for Panik (50% retained) and a 2nd

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Gotta consider this a win... we were going to lose Leddy for nothing likely.. happy to get a 2nd round pick. At least they retained 50% of Panik's salary. Now on to Eberle, and somehow get Ladd off the books.

Thank you for your years with us Nick. Some good. years, resigned with us and helped get us back to respectability.. I know it doesnt really happen but would love to sign him after next year for something very team friendly .

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Solid move and good work by Lou, Panik should fit in at that cost and the 2nd is great currency if we use it or not.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Panik was a much greater offensive threat a few years ago. He’s well past his prime now. I would think they could have gotten someone more effective

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Parise gave Lou the heads up. Suter is down to come aboard lol

Seriously though, I’m glad Lou pulled this off and didn’t hesitate. Was better than losing Leddy got nothing potentially.

Leddy was a decent soldier for a good amount of years. I’ll always love the year he and Boychuck came aboard. Was the beginning of this isles era.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Hamilton would look better on your Avs. We're stacked at RHD. Suter is a perfect fit for us though.

Suter mentoring Dobson would be quite nice.
True. Can't afford him though, between Makar/Grubauer and this Landy Saga :( we're tight against the cap as it is.

Suter would be a great add though, not sure if there's been any rumours of him coming to The Island but I'd love it. Still need to add some more offense upfront though IMO. Maybe buy low on Kuzy? Trotz did get the best out of him.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I am gathering Lou is looking at the skating of Bolduc and thinking he will replace Leddy within 5 years hopefully.
No one besides Barzals is close to Leddy as a skater. That being said this move had nothing to do with the pipeline. This was a solid move that was necessary

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Leddy has got to be pretty upset. A contract year and he is on an awful team. I still think he might get 5/25 from someone next summer anyway but being on Detroit won’t help

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Even though he was a throw in on the Vrana trade I was pleasantly surprised with Panik while he was here and at 50% retained wow

I was never sure why Washington signed him. Saw plenty if him with Chicago and just wasn't a fan. Wasn't great for the Yotes but whatever. To someone's point he can go to Bridgeport if it doesn't work out.

I liked Nick Leddy Sorry to see him.go. Certainly could have helped another contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad