Speculation: Lecavalier?

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Q would probably handle him a little better than he has been to this point. If he wants another ring, 2 x 4mil is about all the risk I could handle since it's going to hurt depth elsewhere. Tough name to ignore. Anything more than 2 years and I would say no, too many rough miles on him. He would take lots of heat off of Toews.

Since they can go over by 10%, I would prefer they just lock up a roster and then clean up the overage over the rest of the summer.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
If he signed for cheap, that'd be great.

Sign one year deal, win another cup, and ride off into the sunset in TB.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Habs will be salivating and I'm sure Vince would love to finish his career there (pretty much every French Canadian dreams of playing for Canadiens one day). He would look good in a Hawk uniform though and would take some of the pressure off of Toews.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Habs will be salivating and I'm sure Vince would love to finish his career there (pretty much every French Canadian dreams of playing for Canadiens one day). He would look good in a Hawk uniform though and would take some of the pressure off of Toews.

Would he though? After spending his entire career in TB, does he really want to go into the zoo that is Montreal and be counted on as their best offensive player? I really don't know if he is that type.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Would he though? After spending his entire career in TB, does he really want to go into the zoo that is Montreal and be counted on as their best offensive player? I really don't know if he is that type.

Funny thing about media scrutiny in Montreal is they'll have a really hard time criticizing their best Francophone player.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Nah, the French media is soft from what I can tell. Toronto and Vancouver is where it's tough.

Toronto is way worse media-wise...where it's a complete ******* brigade.

The problem with Montreal is the fans are even more psycho than Leafs fans - so the pressure would be huge.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
he could accept a 1.0 contract to play for us, but why should he? MTL is going to pay him 3+ million to play for them.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Would be great to add him obviously, but the chances are about as good as winning the lottery. Not gonna happen.

personally I dont see the chances as that bad.

infact I would think they are much better than ever thinking we could get Suter and or Parise.

Vinny is a veteran player who loves to play with skilled players. He would come here and lineup with Hossa and Sharp...still make a solid buck at $3.5 mil which we can afford, and have the best chance at winning the cup again.

I think there is a serious chance he comes here only if Bowman wants to get him. If Stan wants to finally see what some of the kids can do; LeBlanc and Pirri, then there is no chance.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

infact I would think they are much better than ever thinking we could get Suter and or Parise.

Vinny is a veteran player who loves to play with skilled players. He would come here and lineup with Hossa and Sharp...still make a solid buck at $3.5 mil which we can afford, and have the best chance at winning the cup again.

I think there is a serious chance he comes here only if Bowman wants to get him. If Stan wants to finally see what some of the kids can do; LeBlanc and Pirri, then there is no chance.

Speaking of Suter and Parise...wonder what they think of Chicago now? They both spurned Chicago, and not only did the Hawks personally dump their team, but went on to win the cup :laugh:

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011

I agree. I see no reason not to make a pitch to him. He might conceivably be willing to sign with a contender for a year or two, and he could still have the opportunity of playing a couple of years in Montreal. He's a year younger than Hossa.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I agree. I see no reason not to make a pitch to him. He might conceivably be willing to sign with a contender for a year or two, and he could still have the opportunity of playing a couple of years in Montreal. He's a year younger than Hossa.

it just depends on his mindset... does he truly want to win, or does he just want to go where he can make the most money and retire...

if he wanted to come to the Hawks he would still make a good buck and be on a Stanley Cup contender...honestly what hockey player with a shred of desire wouldnt want to do that??

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
if he wanted to come to the Hawks he would still make a good buck and be on a Stanley Cup contender...honestly what hockey player with a shred of desire wouldnt want to do that??

Especially one who's going to make this anyway.

index.php

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I don't want Vinny.

It is not part of our process. You need .8-1.5M guys doing things, see Saad and Shaw.

You HAVE to keep plugging in new cheap guys and hope some can play in the bigs.

like Stan said, we are not looking for NHL players. we dont' need any.

If you have Vinny even at 3.0, it is either no bicks or no Leddy. So after vinny is gone, you need to spend assets to get back stuff.

I mean Vinny is now gone and you don't have a young core guy on a good bargain.

Leddy will be low mid 2's. If he can play D even a little more, that is STEALING. If he stays the same he is great reg season and then post season ok cut him back again. It is doubtful he regresses so you sign him. The upside to value on the contract is big.

same with bicks. If he keeps coming and stops disappearing, wow. A contract around 3.1 looks tremendous. Kunitz just signed at less than 4.0M per year and he was SEVENTH in scoring in the ENTIRE NHL. So forget Bicks getting more than 4.

The Hawks would love to tell the fans, man we made him a fair market offer but he wanted to leave for X team at .5M more. I mean the Hawks are in good shape. I don't see Bickell telling the team and the city to take a hike even if someone gives him 4.5ish. and it takes only one idiot GM to do that to make him think about it.

So keep Kruger, Bickell, Leddy and plug in Smith morin etc and hope to mix and match.

I would love to let go Frolick for money for a #2 C however, but I would keep the core (young lite) version in tact first.

Vinny is attractive short term, but we already are committed to a process and u have to churn young guys to keep it going, while this main core is in its prime, which it is for a lot more years.

We are in great shape, don't pursue Vinny.

Last edited:

Hawks82

Dec 4, 2011
I pointed out the other day how good of a pickup Lecavier would be if be was bought out. Ideal player to fill the hole at 2LC.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00