LeBrun: LeBrun: Teams ‘delicately approaching’ Flames regarding Matthew Tkachuk

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Well Calgary is currently a contender so trading for a 100 point player from a division rival will be costly. The point would be to price you out

Calgary is a playoff team. They are not contenders. If Calgary loses both Gaudreau and Tkachuk they are no longer a playoff team.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Lol ok Oilers fan

I am an Oiler fan. That doesn't make me wrong. Losing both those players (I assume Tkachuk would go for futures) would massive weaken the forward line up at least in the short term. The only chance the Flames would have to make the playoffs is if the Pacific remains a weak division.

The resurgent Kings, the Oilers and the Knights are the locks to make it in moving forward. The Flames must beat out improving teams like the Canucks to get that last spot.

Without Tkachuk and Gaudreau that task would be much more difficult.

At any rate I think I can objectively say the Flames are not cup contenders. Edmonton is still a few players away from that status and they're clearly a better team than Calgary.

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
I am an Oiler fan. That doesn't make me wrong. Losing both those players (I assume Tkachuk would go for futures) would massive weaken the forward line up at least in the short term. The only chance the Flames would have to make the playoffs is if the Pacific remains a weak division.

The resurgent Kings, the Oilers and the Knights are the locks to make it in moving forward. The Flames must beat out improving teams like the Canucks to get that last spot.

At any rate I think I can objectively say the Flames are not cup contenders. Edmonton is still a few players away from that status and they're clearly a better team than Calgary.
lmao.

Ledge And Dairy

So you are assuming 2/3rds of the best line in the entire league are gone? Sure then you are right they aren't a contender, let alone a playoff team. But assuming both stay and only like Lucic is moved out then Calgary is certainly still a contender and are poised to win the Pacific again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad