News Article: LeBrun: Evan Rodrigues and the Leafs have had “productive talks” on a new contract - Update not QO'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckrider

Oct 6, 2015
The leafs are at the same number of contracts as before the Kapanen Trade?. He would probably be in the AHL anyway. Whatever. If this gets you worked up you need to take a break from the forums lmao!

Reactions: kb and SAMCRO44

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
At least if Rodrigues doesn't cut it for the Leafs he still gets to play for his home town in the AHL.
He’s a really good tenacious player for our bottom six if he signs and hits his stride with us. This guy can potentially produce 30 scoring points 10 and 20 type. Thats a good 4th liner to start out with there. He wouldn’t hurt you defensively either

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
He’s a really good tenacious player for our bottom six if he signs and hits his stride with us. This guy can potentially produce 30 scoring points 10 and 20 type. Thats a good 4th liner to start out with there. He wouldn’t hurt you defensively either
If used in the right role, he may be fine. However, the fans of his previous teams do not have very good things to say about him.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
If used in the right role, he may be fine. However, the fans of his previous teams do not have very good things to say about him.
Dubie likes him as he is all skill ... but we need more than skill to win a cup ... nice to have a TO kid back home but a Wilson type would be better homecoming

Reactions: smitty10

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I assume this is a negotiation tactic. If the Leafs didnt see any value in the guy at all, he wouldnt have been in the trade.

Dubas knows he isnt worth his QO, and this is just the logical next step in the process.
I bet they circle back before free agency with a 'take it or leave it' offer, that gives him a small signing bonus (no one knows if this season will be 41 games, and if so if the salaries will be reduced) and a decent salary.

2 years, 1.025m (max you can burry in the AHL), 300k signing bonus both years, 700k salary)

Edit:
The above is my assume option the Leafs will give to a few lower line guys.
We can give you a bit of cash today
For tweeners who may have differing AHL v NHL salaries, we can give you more AHL money than other teams
The bonus we pay protects you from a truncated season in 2021.

Basically, we will give you a guaranteed $10. Someone else is offering you 7-13, but its outside your control over the pandemic.

Reactions: qqaz

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I assume this is a negotiation tactic. If the Leafs didnt see any value in the guy at all, he wouldnt have been in the trade.

Dubas knows he isnt worth his QO, and this is just the logical next step in the process.
I bet they circle back before free agency with a 'take it or leave it' offer, that gives him a small signing bonus (no one knows if this season will be 41 games, and if so if the salaries will be reduced) and a decent salary.

2 years, 1.025m (max you can burry in the AHL), 300k signing bonus both years, 700k salary)

Edit:
The above is my assume option the Leafs will give to a few lower line guys.
We can give you a bit of cash today
For tweeners who may have differing AHL v NHL salaries, we can give you more AHL money than other teams
The bonus we pay protects you from a truncated season in 2021.

Basically, we will give you a guaranteed $10. Someone else is offering you 7-13, but its outside your control over the pandemic.

Signing bonus for this guy?

700k take it or f*** off.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I feel like they offered both Malgin and Rodrigues 700K and pretty much said whoever takes it first gets the contract.

Makes sense to bring one back, not both, and Malgin took the 700K

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010

- He will get 1m from someone. 17-18 and 18-19 he was a better all around player than Engval when we signed him to the 1.25x2 deal. He is good on the PK, and over that two year period he was playing at a 38 point pace. .443 ppg was above Spezza, Kerfoot, Engval last year, good for 10th best forward.
- He is a very defensively sound and responsible player, something Dubas has talked about us needing more of
- The whole amount can still be put in the AHL without penalty

Reactions: qqaz

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
- He will get 1m from someone. 17-18 and 18-19 he was a better all around player than Engval when we signed him to the 1.25x2 deal. He is good on the PK, and over that two year period he was playing at a 38 point pace. .443 ppg was above Spezza, Kerfoot, Engval last year, good for 10th best forward.
- He is a very defensively sound and responsible player, something Dubas has talked about us needing more of
- The whole amount can still be put in the AHL without penalty
So why is that our problem. Let him go.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Happy we didn’t pay him. Dime a dozen player. Plus I tend to associate him with that big Borgman hit in preseason a few years back.

allocate that money to Simmonds.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Is it official? I'll update the thread title

Didn't Dubas say they'll do QO's after the draft tomorrow?
He said both, actually.
There’s a video of his post draft presser.
He never was going to be qualified; he might be angling for a little more certainty than being one of the interchangeable contracts the Leafs like to bounce between the A and bottom six. Good luck to him if so. Don’t think this closes the book on the Leafs interest either.

Reactions: BertCorbeau
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad