Signing(s): LeBron signs with the Lakers

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This is the way it has been headed for about a year now. I'm surprised he made the long-term commitment but that's great for the Lakers because they don't have to worry about the year to year thing. Now we wait to see how they build their new super team.

tenor.gif

I'm not surprised. He wanted this be his last contract/destination, didn't want to attention and hassle of the year to year stuff again. This way he can just focus on playing basketball and raising his kids in LA. This was life-style and business decision as much as a basketball decision.

LaVar x LeBron gonna be so dope.

If LaVar goes out of line I would not be shocked if Magic banned him from the Staples Centre.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I wonder how he will do in the West. More consistent tough competition, might take a toll on him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Where is Ball gonna go then?

I figured they'd trade him if LeBron signed but it doesn't seem like he has a ton of value and that was before the torn meniscus. You can't make a bad trade or sell low because of his potential.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I'm coming home :laugh:

For all of those who whined about the NBA Finals, this is the best thing that could have happened. Boston and Philadelphia will be the favorites but it's relatively wide open right now in the East.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I figured they'd trade him if LeBron signed but it doesn't seem like he has a ton of value and that was before the torn meniscus. You can't make a bad trade or sell low because of his potential.

lonzo isn't going anywhere

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Called this a year ago.

From what I hear, Philly was never a serious option. His agent obviously took their call but it apparently sounded like he wasn't all that interested in joining them.

If he wins with the Lakers (the best franchise in the NBA) it'll be amazing for his legacy. Especially because now he's not making it a priority to have other stars to play with.

Too bad Lakers won 2 whole more games than Cavs did the year before they added Bron and Love... and they were always clearly worse than the Durant Warriors. If he wanted to win a title to add to his legacy, he should have picked a better team. Unless they get Kawhi too, Lakers aren't even close to Warriors/Rockets level. But there goes the "not having other stars to play with" part.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I expected this to happen. Will be very interesting to see how the rest of the team fleshes out. Got to think another player or 2 will follow Lebron to the Lakers.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Just think, Cleveland taking back the unwanted contract of Jordan Clarkson made this happen :laugh:

I think LA will sign Cousins and/or just make a trade. But I think LeBron is just content at this point. I'm sure he still wants to win rings but it's more about his future after the NBA. Not that it can't happen(fire up the Durant rumors next year) but he probably realizes this is it.

Once Cleveland got their championship, he had no reason to stay or play nice with Gilbert anymore. Just made sure to squeeze every last dollar he could get out of Gilbert on the way out.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
The announcement timing confuses me. Didn't he have a meeting scheduled with 76ers? And didn't Woj report he'd be announcing on Tuesday? Something feels rushed/compromised.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I’m fine wth this, Lebron is on his final stretch of seasons.

Now he has to go through OKC, Houston and Golden State towards the Finals.

Sakicfan

Oct 30, 2006
Just think, Cleveland taking back the unwanted contract of Jordan Clarkson made this happen :laugh:

Since PG13 stayed in OKC, the Clarkson contract has no impact here since Lakers already had enough cap space for a max contract.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Pending they dont get Kawhi, his streak of 8 straight Finals will end next season.

Is there anybody that think the Lakers would beat GS in a 7 game series?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad