Signing(s): LeBron signs with the Lakers

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What do you want the guy to do? Run for president of the USA while he plays in the NBA? Be realistic and understand that he has a profession. He has a unique ability to help out many causes that most don't due to how wealthy he is, and he most certainly does his part.

I really don't get what your beef is with LeBron James.
To be fair giving money away is probably the easiest thing to do if you're rich.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
3, theres an option deal after the third year and I believe hes never exercised one.

He had a 6 year contract in Miami but opted out after year 4 - then in Cleveland he took successive 1+1 deals, however his most recent deal was a 3 year deal with the option to opt out after two, which he did.

Hes going to play all 4 years out, the opt out was just to cover himself if everything somehow goes to shit. After 4 years his kid will be done high school, and if the one-and-done rule is gone by then LeBron could sign w/ whatever team his son is drafted too, should he skip the NCAA. If not hell likely stay for a 5th year in LA, then see where his son lands.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Yesterday proved that LeBrons head isnt all on dribbling the ball. He opened up his school in Ohio. He was asked if he would run for president. He didnt rule it out. Hes stumped for Hillary Clinton before. He just moved to LA for his career and is trying hardcore to get into the entertainment side. These groups are all interconnected. Do I believe he will run? Who the hell knows but I also know the media fawns over him. Youd think hes the first athlete to ever open up a school.

I heard an interesting take on the Jordan vs LeBron debate. Jordan gew up in your average stable family with parents and siblings. LeBron and his mom were alone and moved around. Jordan was more reserved, not so public and eventhough he now owns part of a franchise he still doesnt seem all that connected to the NBA. LeBron is all over everything. I think he feels some need for the acceptance he didnt necessarily get as a child with a father who desserted him. It also could be part the annoying digital age we now live in too.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yesterday proved that LeBrons head isnt all on dribbling the ball. He opened up his school in Ohio. He was asked if he would run for president. He didnt rule it out. Hes stumped for Hillary Clinton before. He just moved to LA for his career and is trying hardcore to get into the entertainment side. These groups are all interconnected. Do I believe he will run? Who the hell knows but I also know the media fawns over him. Youd think hes the first athlete to ever open up a school.

I heard an interesting take on the Jordan vs LeBron debate. Jordan gew up in your average stable family with parents and siblings. LeBron and his mom were alone and moved around. Jordan was more reserved, not so public and eventhough he now owns part of a franchise he still doesnt seem all that connected to the NBA. LeBron is all over everything. I think he feels some need for the acceptance he didnt necessarily get as a child with a father who desserted him. It also could be part the annoying digital age we now live in too.
To be fair everyone jumped on the bandwagon before Lebron he even played a game in the NBA because they thought he was the next one. Jordan earned everything through his play and laid the ground work for marketing himself. The Jordan era made the league more popular than it has ever been. He doesn't need the lime light anymore his brand stands on its own.

The digital age has made it easier to market yourself. The Kardashians are worth over a billion FFS.

Reactions: Voight

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
To be fair everyone jumped on the bandwagon before Lebron he even played a game in the NBA because they thought he was the next one. Jordan earned everything through his play and laid the ground work for marketing himself. The Jordan era made the league more popular than it has ever been. He doesn't need the lime light anymore his brand stands on its own.

The digital age has made it easier to market yourself. The Kardashians are worth over a billion FFS.
That's because he was, and he has proven all of those people right.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Michael Jordan wasn't exactly a nobody before the NBA.
Top 5 player in the draft and was one of the best college players. Not many players come out of college and are so much better as an NBAer. He was seen as a franchise player but nobody thought he would be the legend he was.

Expectations were that of a really good player like every year has.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's one thing coming into the league as a nobody. It's another when a Limo roles out, and a red carpet with rose petals is everywhere you step and you are still in high school.
LeBron didn't ask for that. He was predicted to be great by pundits, and he has been. I don't exactly know what you're trying to argue here.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Top 5 player in the draft and was one of the best college players. Not many players come out of college and are so much better as an NBAer. He was seen as a franchise player but nobody thought he would be the legend he was.

Expectations were that of a really good player like every year has.

The term franchise player can be a very subjective one. Say he went 0-6 in the Finals or never made it, he still had the career. For as great as he was the team success made him the legend. I can admit that and im not a Jordan fanboy or anything like that. He had quite a suppotying cast. If memory serves he only had one finals clinching basket, his last finals game ever. Paxton hot the big 3 against the Suns, the Lakers series wasnt all that close, neither was the Portland one. The Sonics and Jazz each took it 6. I mean 4 times they were pushed to 6 games but never a game 7. I believe 3 series were clinched on the road. That signals good team.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
None of that stuff is FREE. The taxpayers will fund that free stuff. Not really sure how you can guarantee the whole job placement stuff. In a lot of ways this is no different than the already established status quo public school.
I assume most of the additional free stuff that isn't already covered by the district like lunches is paid for by his foundation.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Dor a guy named Sports Enthusiast he sure does hate on a lot of stuff around sport. Probably the most ironic handle here and I doubt the irony is intentional.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Well from his previous posts, it looks like Sports Enthusiast thinks Lebron is part of some big conspiracy group, so I doubt it was be easy for him to find that info from the sites he frequents.

Its not a big conspiracy group. It's not a big group even. Theres a small group of stupid rich people worth billions. They are either in tech or in the big boy banks. The decision to merge with big tech has already been made. The tippy top has already decided what people will be included when shit hits the fan. It wont be any of us or any of the athletes or any of the entertainment industry. They dont want them, they want their messaging to keep the masses on track. What better way then to take a school and slap a big name icon on it? Education is just indoctrination at a face value. Why else is the government all into it?

LeBron is just a messenger and sports as well as pop culture are nothing more than influencing distractions. Think of how many people that worship these athletes as gods. They dont really care about you, they care about money. He will only get richer through this, it will unfortunately ascend his popularity which will help his brand and everything else. Even if the school isnt for personal gain, it will lead to this. Even if it doesnt succeed down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->